Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : New PP's
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
jokokoe
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 71
IP: Logged
icon New PP's (+1)  
I was thinking of a new kind of PP ( which could be a one use , on and off etc. ) were the player would have to step on more than one at the same time to open a door.
I mean , if two of those kind of PP ( let select the on and off type for the example) would be linked to a door with the open command , we would need two NPC / Player / monster to step on the two PP at the same time so the door would open.

There's a lot's of room using this trick but no dedicated PP ...

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
12-12-2015 at 01:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1300
icon Re: New PP's (0)  
It seems to me that this would be really hard to show visually. How would you tell which (and how many) pressure plates are required?

And, as you said, it's not something that can't be done, and rather easily too.
12-12-2015 at 03:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jokokoe
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 71
Why not use a specific color for those PP so the player is directly warned that he will have to activate them at the same time ?
Then he will just have to click on one of the PP to see which are linked to which door !

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
12-12-2015 at 12:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
Or some kind of tile that functioned like an AND gate?
When all the inputs are active at the same time, the output changes. Clicking on it would let you see all the connections, like normal. It could be placed anywhere (e.g. on a wall), with the position not affecting anything (like a persistent-motion token).
12-13-2015 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: New PP's (+2)  
I don't see this being implemented for a few reasons:

1. Most of the functionality can be well approximated with scripting, and for one-use cases you can go with briar setup.
2. Doesn't seem very versatile.
3. Would be difficult to come up with a visual language that's easy to understand for the player.
4. With how level editor UI works right now it would be challenging to come up with a solution that works well.

Attached a hold that presents two solutions, one scripted (the problem is one turn delay on close) and one not-scripted (using briar, one-use opening only).

11-23-2020 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : New PP's
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com