Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest bug, random class change (During combat, my sorceress lost all her spells and now is a rogue.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
wildmage
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest bug, random class change (0)  
Hello,
First time poster here with a bug to report. First of all, tthank you very much to all the design team for such a fantastic game. I'd go as far as to say that this is the real Quest for Glory 5 in terms of puzzles, wit and charm.
Now my problem is as follows: I created a sorceress but decided to multiclass a bit by giving her the Fast Talk skill during the character creation screen. Magic and Will are both at a solid 100, I have all the spells except for lightning bolt and Fast Talk is at an 75. I have given the cursed ring to the Bridge Troll and the town battle doesn't trigger.
In any case, the latest events that happened to me were that I acquired the dragon scale mail and now every time I enter combat, the Heroine takes out a pair of daggers and all my spells are gone.
I don't have a clue what happened or if this is a problem that happened to other people so, if anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful.
12-07-2015 at 08:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: Heroine's Quest bug, random class change (0)  
What probably happened is that you bought a couple of daggers in the store, and selected those as your equipped weapon. You can't cast spells with a dagger in your hand, after all.

But you can open the action menu to switch back.

Also,
I have given the cursed ring to the Bridge Troll and the town battle doesn't trigger.
That's not what triggers the battle.

12-07-2015 at 09:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jack Stryker
Rank Points: 13
Yes, the battle only happens if...

Click here to view the secret text

01-14-2016 at 11:12 PM
LadyD
Radiant wrote:
What probably happened is that you bought a couple of daggers in the store, and selected those as your equipped weapon. You can't cast spells with a dagger in your hand, after all.
But you can open the action menu to switch back.

Hi Radiant, do you know how to equip Potions? I am playing as Warrior and sometimes in battle I see a Tornado and "ZigZag Zorro" like move. Strangely other times my Potions do appear instead and I'm able to use them during combat. Is this at random or is there a way to default it?

~LadyD
04-05-2016 at 11:41 PM
Radiant
It's not random, it depends on whether you're carrying potions.

04-06-2016 at 10:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
LadyD
Radiant wrote:
It's not random, it depends on whether you're carrying potions.

Ahhh thanks. Hmm maybe I have a glitch. I have like 9 of each and none load in combat.

[Last edited by LadyD at 04-10-2016 06:49 AM]
04-10-2016 at 06:48 AM
colorswitch
Now my problem is as follows: I created a sorceress but decided to multiclass a bit by giving her the Fast Talk skill during the character creation screen. Magic and Will are both at a solid 100, I have all the spells except for lightning bolt and Fast Talk is at an 75. I have given the cursed ring to the Bridge Troll and the town battle doesn't trigger.

04-11-2016 at 10:18 AM
Radiant
Once again, giving the ring to Fremont does not trigger the battle. I don't know where people are getting that from, but the events are completely unrelated, both in story and in code.

04-11-2016 at 11:31 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest bug, random class change (During combat, my sorceress lost all her spells and now is a rogue.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com