Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Maze (Level 6 meets Level 13)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
IP: Logged

File: Maze.hold (2.4 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Other

File: Maze.hold (2.4 KB)
Downloaded 128 times.
License: Other
icon The Maze (+6)  
A smallish maze (twice!) based on the walk-through arrow mazes of Robert Abbott

I'm not sure how hard it is if you don't know the solution. But it's only 6 rooms (16 states, including entrance and exit)

[Edited by Rabscuttle at Local Time:10-19-2004 at 04:08 PM: splelling]
10-19-2004 at 11:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: The Maze (0)  
It's actually very good, and requires quite a bit of thought. You need to look closely at the orbs in terms of which doors they open.

However, the nature of the orbs not being immediately obvious in terms of what they do will make any mazes of this sort that are larger more tedious.

2*3, or even 3*3 for this sort of maze is quite a nice size.

10-19-2004 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460

Larger mazes could be made less confusing by using force arrows near the doors to indicate exits. Differentiating the rooms would probably help too :D
10-20-2004 at 05:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
I must say that it is very well done maze. :thumbsup

Unlike agaricus I do think it is possible to make a large maze out of this without being tedious. But I do miss a bit of the spark that Robert Abbott has in his mazes.

Nonetheless, a very good maze!

-- Tim (who had a book from Abbott in his puzzle book collection, with all of his early mazes, including his famous arrow maze.)

10-20-2004 at 09:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
VortexSurfer
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 90
Rabscuttle wrote:
A smallish maze (twice!) based on the walk-through arrow mazes of Robert Abbott

I'm not sure how hard it is if you don't know the solution. But it's only 6 rooms (16 states, including entrance and exit)

I like it (especially the 1-room-sized version) - And there are more puzzles on that site that could be converted to DROD! Perhaps I should continue working on the sequel to my The Palace of Puzzles hold. I kind of ran out of inspirations for more puzzles ...

Vortex Surfer
10-20-2004 at 08:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Maze (Level 6 meets Level 13)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com