Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : New key commands?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Quewort
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 52
IP: Logged
icon New key commands? (0)  
While playtesting a hold, I've found these key commands:
1) Ctrl+F3 (Hold)
2) Alt+F7
And I don't even know what they do. The fact is that these commands aren't given in help document.
10-03-2015 at 01:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: New key commands? (0)  
Guys, they've found Alt+F7.

Abort the mission immediately, burn all the records.
10-05-2015 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DezzTech
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 327
icon Re: New key commands? (+1)  
Ctrl-F3 reloads graphics. I'm pretty sure it's documented somewhere, because I remember reading about it. No idea where, though.

10-08-2015 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: New key commands? (+1)  
DezzTech wrote:
Ctrl-F3 reloads graphics. I'm pretty sure it's documented somewhere, because I remember reading about it. No idea where, though.

Yes. It was on display at the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying beware of the leopard.

10-08-2015 at 06:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405
icon Re: New key commands? (+2)  
Insoluble wrote:
Yes. It was on display at the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying beware of the leopard.

What were you doing going through my leopard lavatory literature? :angry

After briefly looking through the ingame TSS help documents I found that the Alt+F7 command is documented under a topic called "Keyboard Commands" and apparently it toggles the framerate and sound memory usage display. However, that topic is not listed on the Contents screen of the help functon. Instead, you will have to click on "Quick Start & Keyboard Commands" first, then use the Keyboard Commands link in THAT topic to get to the actual Keyboard Commands for the Keyboard Commands! :P

I guess it wouldn't really be DROD if viewing the game instructions wasn't a puzzle.
Speaking of which...

I have also found mention of the reload graphics functionality. It's hidden at the bottom of the "Room Editor" page, which in turn is hidden at the bottom of the "Level Editor" page. It says that simply pressing F3 reloads the graphics in the editor, maybe Ctrl+F3 does the same during the actual game?

Feature request: secret walls you have to break with your mouse cursor to find hidden help pages.

[Last edited by Aquator at 10-08-2015 07:07 PM]
10-08-2015 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : New key commands?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com