Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Localization (Translate DROD RPG, 4.0, 5.0 on Russian)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
McLaren0109
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon Localization (+2)  
Hello! I want to translate into Russian: DROD RPG, 4.0 and 5.0 as "Akella" localized KDD, 2.0 and 3.0, did not go on, and no one in our country has not undertaken for the translation of the text so far.

How to do it, if you can even do that?

I know something:
-import / exportTexts in the properties of the application;
-replacement fonts, so there was no squares;
-drod.ini;
-xml-file with texts for localization when exporting hold.
10-03-2015 at 08:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Localization (0)  
Hey, thanks for the kind offer! Right, that's basically how it works for localizing a hold.

You use that exportTexts command line option to export all the texts for a hold to an XML file. When you do this, make sure to have your drod.ini language option set to the language you wish to add, and then the game will generate an xml file with blank entries for the selected language alongside the English texts. Fill in all the Russian texts.

Then you can import the xml file via the game's importTexts command line option. If it parses, you will see all of the Russian texts when that language option is selected in the .ini file. At that point, these language texts are transient -- they last only temporarily during that run of the game.

Then provide us your xml file. As a developer, we can generate an "official" version of the hold that contains the new language content for everyone to use who has registered that game.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-09-2015 at 08:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
McLaren0109
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
icon Re: Localization (0)  
mrimer wrote:
Hey, thanks for the kind offer! Right, that's basically how it works for localizing a hold.

You use that exportTexts command line option to export all the texts for a hold to an XML file. When you do this, make sure to have your drod.ini language option set to the language you wish to add, and then the game will generate an xml file with blank entries for the selected language alongside the English texts. Fill in all the Russian texts.

Then you can import the xml file via the game's importTexts command line option. If it parses, you will see all of the Russian texts when that language option is selected in the .ini file. At that point, these language texts are transient -- they last only temporarily during that run of the game.

Then provide us your xml file. As a developer, we can generate an "official" version of the hold that contains the new language content for everyone to use who has registered that game.
Thank you for your response. I can not generate the xml-file of the campaign, as I have not activated the button "Export", because only the developer can export (and it is logical). I have version 4: 4.0.0.108; Version 5: 5.0.0.5923.

1) Can you generate a xml-file for me?
2) Are there any differences in the xml-file in different versions?
3) Do I need to patch up certain versions, if I need something to what?

When I finish, check on grammatical and semantic errors, I will send you the finished file.

10-10-2015 at 12:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Localization (Translate DROD RPG, 4.0, 5.0 on Russian)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com