Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Water Switching Token (feel free to use.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged

File: water switch token.hold (1.3 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Water Switching Token (+3)  
There was a discussion in chat the other day about scripting a token to switch between normal water and shallow water. I figured it wouldn't be all that hard to script the thing, so here you go. You should be able to just copy and paste the character from this hold into whatever hold you want. The character works just like a token: step on it to activate it. The script could be easily adapted to other stuff too, so if you want to make a token that switched between pits and water you just have to change a few things. I'm planning to use a version of this in a hold in which it will cycle between three things.

Limitations:
I didn't do any art for this, so the token just looks like a character. You'll have to do your own art if you want to make it look like a token. I also didn't bother with sound effects.

As currently scripted, the token only works for the player. If you plan to use this in rooms with other stuff that normally activates tokens (Mimics, Time Clones, etc.) You'll have to adjust the scripting. It shouldn't be to hard though.

09-30-2015 at 08:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kr3w.1337brown
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged

File: WaterSwitcher.png (3.2 KB)
Downloaded 55 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Water Switching Token (+2)  
Thanks for Script. I drew the sprite for the token.
05-08-2016 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Water Switching Token (feel free to use.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com