Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Who zeroed Erik's rank points?
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Re: Who zeroed Erik's rank points? (+2)  
What do you mean, boring and primitive?

Simplified, possibly, however the world map actually has the enemies on it, and the way you approach them determines who goes first. That's something Square Enix just worked out, apparantly.

It also uses this thing in the battles where to get critical hits, you have to perform a certain task, such as pressing a button at the right time, or holding the control stick a certain way. So at least your battle ability depends both on your tactics and your ability to press the button at just the right time, which I enjoy.

The other thing they do is force you to decide which of your abilities to level up - whether health, ability points or the amount of moves you can do. I enjoy that, as it allows you to plan for what you think you'll need.

But mostly, I'm sick of the same two damn battle systems that have been in every RPG since the day they were made (either the console style attack/cast spell/some other method of doing hurties that really only depends on how much time you put into the game rather than any semblance of skill, or the poor-ripoff-of-DnD style, yes Ultima IV, I'm looking at you) and give high marks to games that ry something different.

Matt

12-03-2004 at 11:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Who zeroed Erik's rank points?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com