Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Custom 'Sprite Sheet' (Characters, Monsters, and Walls, REDESIGNED, somehow...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
abe10
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged

File: Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 2.45.26 PM.png (601.5 KB)
Downloaded 77 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Custom 'Sprite Sheet' (0)  
I found some good ones, like "GeneralTiles_30.png", "ZchTemplateTiles.png", "Metal and Paper.PNG", and "Samus.png". I know how to use custom bolts and custom cursors. Could someone please explain how to use these 'sprites?' I say 'sprites' because it might be the wrong word to use.

DISCLAIMER: I made the screenshot, but I DO NOT OWN THE SPRITESHEETS. Not sure who made them, actually.

08-21-2015 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Custom 'Sprite Sheet' (+2)  
You need a .tim file, which tells DROD what each image represents, then you update drod.ini to include the new graphics.

There are more detailed instructions in Kwakstur's post here, and a bunch of reference numbers for .tim files here. I don't know how up to date that last list is; if it's missing entities you need then the best reference is the DROD source code. If the images you have were originally intended as mods, there are probably .tim files in the same place already.
08-21-2015 at 10:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
abe10
icon Re: Custom 'Sprite Sheet' (0)  
Where exactly is the drod.ini file for TSS on a Macbook Pro laptop?? I cannot find it anywhere on my computer!

08-22-2015 at 07:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
icon Re: Custom 'Sprite Sheet' (+2)  
It's under ~/Library/Application Support/Caravel/drod-5_0/
The Library folder is hidden, but you can navigate to there by using the Go to Folder option in Finder (shift + Cmd + G) and pasting in the link.
08-24-2015 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
abe10
Thanks. Another issue is, How Exactly do you make a .tim file???? Is it simply changing the file extension in a Finder window? Or do I need some special program to convert it? If the latter is right, then could someone give some good programs I could use, please??

08-24-2015 at 12:14 AM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Custom 'Sprite Sheet' (+1)  
.tim files are just plain text. Creating a text file (with the Mac equivalent of Windows' Notepad) and renaming it should be fine.
08-24-2015 at 05:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
abe10
AWESOME!!!!!!! Thanks for the information!! I am excited to see what more there is to change in this game!!

08-24-2015 at 05:31 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Custom 'Sprite Sheet' (Characters, Monsters, and Walls, REDESIGNED, somehow...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com