Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD on steam
<<891011
Page 12 of 12
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
IP: Logged

File: ost.jpg (285.3 KB)
Downloaded 477 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: DROD on steam (0)  
Doom wrote:
The OSTs can be associated with games even when standalone and all of the DROD OSTs already work like this, as far as I can tell.
Oh, right. Yes, that is correct.
Still, there seem to be some discoverability issues the way things are set up currently. For some reason none of the Travelogue OSTs show up on the store pages of their respective games.
I agree this is sub-optimal and weird.

This is what I see in the Steamworks config:
Click here to view the secret text

This is how to configure the associations, and it appears correct. There's no other place to configure OST association, afaics, and I don't know what's causing the new OSTs to not show up on the main game pages. Could be a display bug on Valve's end: the other OSTs show up, but they were originally DLCs, so that may have something to do with why they appear.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-25-2021 07:03 PM]
03-25-2021 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 116
Man it's been awhile since posting here! ...About too long, one might say, because man things have happened since last posting. (Long story.) Mostly just been waiting in the shadows until the SMS drops. At any rate, noticed a new patch went live for both GatEB and TSS on Steam, and figured we'd post an inquiry. The version up at the top left on the main menu says 5.1.1.459; has the fabled 5.1.1 dropped?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
12-09-2022 at 09:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: DROD on steam (+3)  
Camwoodstock wrote:
Man it's been awhile since posting here! ...About too long, one might say, because man things have happened since last posting. (Long story.) Mostly just been waiting in the shadows until the SMS drops. At any rate, noticed a new patch went live for both GatEB and TSS on Steam, and figured we'd post an inquiry. The version up at the top left on the main menu says 5.1.1.459; has the fabled 5.1.1 dropped?
Yes!*

I'll be posting an announcement on Steam soon.

* may release some minor tweaks in the future

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-12-2022 at 10:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dohi64
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
any chance of putting the smitemaster packs on gog as well?

[Last edited by Dohi64 at 12-30-2022 06:57 PM]
12-29-2022 at 03:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
I am able to play all the smitemaster selections on my GOG install. Unfortunately, this will require an active CaravelNet account. Buying the SMS from Caravel and linking them to my account on this website make them available in-game on the GOG install.

I don't know if I keep access to them once my CaravelNet account expires since I have never let it do so. Presumably I would regain access to them upon reactivating my CaravelNet membership.

12-29-2022 at 06:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dohi64
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
mauvebutterfly wrote:
I am able to play all the smitemaster selections on my GOG install. Unfortunately, this will require an active CaravelNet account. Buying the SMS from Caravel and linking them to my account on this website make them available in-game on the GOG install.

I guess I could try copying files over from the steam install to the gog install but I wouldn't mind having the expansions officially on gog as well.
12-29-2022 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JamesBond007
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 43
icon Re: DROD on steam (+2)  
mauvebutterfly wrote:
I don't know if I keep access to them once my CaravelNet account expires since I have never let it do so. Presumably I would regain access to them upon reactivating my CaravelNet membership.
If you purchased your SMS on Caravel, then you can download the hold files from the Purchase tab on your forum profile and import them to your GOG version of DROD even without active CaravelNet membership. Also, even if your membership expire, any downloaded/imported holds will remain playable.

[Last edited by JamesBond007 at 12-29-2022 11:49 PM]
12-29-2022 at 11:44 PM
<<891011
Page 12 of 12
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD on steam
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No