Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : An answer to Lamkin's PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged
icon An answer to Lamkin's PM (0)  
Since Lamkin is no longer accepting PMs, I can't actually answer the PM he sent me on May 30th, nor the one he sent three days later that I only just saw. So with apologies to those who aren't interested, here's my response:
Eh, forget it. Why would I ask an [censored]hole for help? smh
I don't know. I myself think "[censored]hole" is less apt as a description for "someone who isn't very good at checking, or remembering to answer, messages" and more apt for "someone who calls someone an [censored]hole just because one of their messages didn't get answered".

But, hey, you figured out how to get me to answer your message, [censored]hole: just insult me, and done.

In truth, given the sentence "The sense that we have is that[,] yes, the talks continue to be productive and that progress is being made.", I'm not sure I have strong intuitions about it. If it had had an obvious answer, I would have replied right away. Instead, I looked at it, decided that both comma and comma-less had their merits; thought about it, weighed a couple of options, and then got distracted before I could work all the way through it.

So the bottom line is that, no, I'm not really sure if it matters. And also that no, I don't think I'm an [censored]hole.

[censored]hole.

--Tahnan
06-14-2015 at 07:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
icon Re: An answer to Lamkin's PM (+2)  
I apologize for the name calling...it was an immature thing to do.
06-14-2015 at 10:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tamsk
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
icon Re: An answer to Lamkin's PM (+1)  
I have no idea what's going on here, but I did find it ironically amusing that this thread appeared right below "Announcement: Be excellent to each other."
06-15-2015 at 01:44 AM
LeoS
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 276
icon Re: An answer to Lamkin's PM (0)  
Just happening by, but assuming that's the whole sentence, I would consider moving "Yes" to the beginning. Hmm, should that have been [censored]uming? ;)

Party on, dudes!
06-15-2015 at 02:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
...so if I understand this right, Lamkin PMed Tahnan on the 30th, then lost it three days later and sent him another PM about him being a jerk, and then proceeded to turn off PMs...

I mean don't get me wrong I'm grateful that this bounty of hilarious has been brought onto the board for everyone to see but this feels more like a thing I would do than a thing that, like, most normal people who don't actively enjoy the public humiliation and pain of others would do.

And normally you guys tend to base your opinions on morality probably quite rightly on 'What Wouldn't Banjooie Do' so I'm not entirely sure this thread should be here? I'm a little bit confused.
06-16-2015 at 11:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lamkin
What's the hilarious part? Just to clarify.
06-16-2015 at 05:04 PM
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
Lamkin wrote:

The hilarious part is that Banjooie is a sociopath. (Don't worry Banj, we still love you!)

06-16-2015 at 05:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Lamkin wrote:
Um, half of it is you randomly flipping out over not getting an answer to a PM fast enough, and the other half is Tahnan being so mad about you flipping out that he drags it onto the public boards.
06-16-2015 at 07:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lamkin
Banjooie wrote:
Lamkin wrote:
Um, half of it is you randomly flipping out over not getting an answer to a PM fast enough...

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, there's a bit more to it than that, but I won't get into that here; still was a crappy way for me to respond, regardless, so I stand by my comment above.
06-16-2015 at 08:00 PM
Banjooie
Yes, but that's all we can see. I cannot actually pry into your deepest secrets and learn every iota of this absolutely possibly golden PM exchange, and what I see, what is /visible here/, looks basically like that.
06-16-2015 at 09:04 PM
Lamkin
I agree with you there. I was just asking for clarification.

Edit: Ack. Looking back over this, I'm not even sure what I meant by that second sentence, so disregard that. And I'll add that I didn't mean to imply that you or anyone else should have known there was more to it than that.

[Last edited by Lamkin at 06-17-2015 04:43 AM]
06-16-2015 at 09:37 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : An answer to Lamkin's PM
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes