Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Some minor bugs
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Karipto
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 79
IP: Logged

File: hqbug.jpg (28.2 KB)
Downloaded 25 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Some minor bugs (0)  
Recently played this game again (love it!), this time as the sorceress. I noticed a few bugs, but it's either stuff that's unlikely to be encountered by most players, or just really minor things. Still, figured I should report them anyway. These things were observed on the Steam version of the game:

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Karipto at 05-22-2015 03:57 AM]
05-22-2015 at 03:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Karipto
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 79

File: hqbug2.jpg (14.2 KB)
Downloaded 23 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Some minor bugs (0)  
Also, this crash (see attachment) happened with the librarian's cat in my possession upon leaving Fornsigtuna, then clicking to go back inside. I was able to get the cat inside the city with me by either using the "Blink" spell above the wall, or by climbing inside at night.

Oh yes, speaking of the Blink spell, if you use it where you're supposed to climb in, the game puts you at the town entrance, as opposed to the screen with the magically sealed crate (where you'd end up if you climbed inside). Just another minor quirk.

[Last edited by Karipto at 05-22-2015 03:53 AM]
05-22-2015 at 03:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Thank you for your reports. If and when we do a 1.2.2 build, we'll take these into account.

05-26-2015 at 07:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Crius
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
In the 1.2.1 build, I found a small bug when I was sitting on the chair in the Adventurer's Guild:

Lithrasir entered the guild and asked to use the chair I was sitting on. I got up, and she sat down. I could not walk or move anywhere after this. I finally got away by clicking to use the closet, which caused me to move to the closet and open it. The walk command only worked again after this.
07-05-2015 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ratpizza
I too have a few bugs to report. In my rogue-playthrough
Weird... And at one point (I think it was in another playthrough) I was quite surprised to find Volund hammering away at his anvil in the streets outside his smithy. This happened right after
and it is my guess that the cutscene somehow scrambled Volunds pathfinding routines.
07-16-2015 at 10:02 AM
Smelltastic
Adding a crash bug of my own.

In Svartalfheim as a rogue, I grabbed the crystal shard then stumbled on the chest in the crystal cave using the loadstone before going anywhere else. Fafnir attacked and not being a fighter, I ran. When trying to head back to the stones I was warped back to the crystal cave, trapping me in this area, an effect not mentioned in any walkthrough or anything I could find..

Anyway I could find no way to bring Fafnir back or drop either shard or chest in the cave, the only other interesting place I can reach is the cliff over the lake. I found I could drop the chest in, Fafnir appears and screams, hovers out over the lake, but then the game crashes. This is the message I get:

An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.3.0.1162)

in "room119.asc", line 63

Error: AnimateCharacter: invalid loop number specified

I can't find any other way to continue the game, but fortunately I still have the autosave from first entering Svartalfheim.

- This is on Steam, I assume it's 1.2.1.

[Last edited by Smelltastic at 08-21-2015 03:11 AM]
08-21-2015 at 03:09 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Some minor bugs
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes