Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Baptism by Fire!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged

File: Baptism By Fire v2.hold (8.1 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Baptism by Fire! (0)  
So, this is the hold I've been making in my video series. First level is polished, and there are assorted rooms in the two other levels. Enjoy!

[Last edited by gamer_extreme_101 at 04-07-2015 10:26 PM]
04-02-2015 at 11:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Baptism by Fire! (+3)  
Cool! I'm excited to finally be able to play this one after watching some of the videos. Unfortunately I already knew the intended solutions to most of the rooms from watching your recordings, but I haven't watched the latest video in the hopes of not spoiling any new developments. Here are some comments so far:

General: I've only played through the first level, but it's fun so far. Checkpoints please!

1E: This room is a lot of fun. It's not too difficult to figure out the trick but it's still quite clever. I also like the aesthetics of the briar walls with water a lot.

1N1E: Not sure why you are apologizing for this room. (Other than the fact that there were no checkpoints :P ) It wasn't all that fiddley and was actually quite fun.

1N: This is the room you should be apologizing for. I have to admit this one was a bit painful. It's a big step up in difficulty compared to the rest of the level, you may want to save it for a later level or make it a secret. But then again, I may just be betraying my lack of ability to deal with slayers.

1N1W: I think you need to change the platform over pit to a platform over water.

1W: Pet peeve of mine: (37,15) and (37,17) are regular floor tiles at the edge of the room, but you can't actually exit on them. Otherwise, this room is loads of fun. Possibly my favorite of the hold.

1S1W: I didn't watch the recent video yet, but it looks like the goal of this room is completely different?
Click here to view the secret text
Also, Possible scripted challenge: Kill the Aumtlich on "S" before lighting the fuse at (11,3) (and use the Aumtlich on I to do it instead).

1S: Unintended solution. Since you were nice enough to provide a 2x6 patch of fluff and a pushing weapon I can just ditch the soldier at the beginning of the room and create an ice bridge at (30,27) and at (34,28) to circumvent your force arrows. More arrows on the path with the brains would get around this.

[Last edited by Insoluble at 04-05-2015 05:09 AM]
04-05-2015 at 05:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4592
icon Re: Baptism by Fire! (+1)  
1N1E is trivial with water instead of walls. Even if I challenge myself to solve it without drowning anything, it's not hard compared to the other rooms.

04-05-2015 at 10:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Baptism by Fire! (+1)  
Thanks for the feedback! All of those changes are made, and checkpoints are added.

04-07-2015 at 10:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Baptism by Fire!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com