Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Delete Restore Progress on main hold (Because sometimes, you just have to give up)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
IP: Logged
icon Delete Restore Progress on main hold (0)  
OK, so I fell victim to the map graphics bug on the The Second Sky hold, and haven't been able to repair my save. It's totally broken, alas.

So, basically, I want to be able to wipe out my progress on it, without losing the rest of my 10+-year-old player file. This seems to be an issue, as it's the primary hold in the current executable, and thus I can't delete the hold to wipe my progress, as other holds allow.

I thought maybe, as I haven't played any TSS-era user holds, I could easily import my current player file back to GatEB, re-export, and import back into TSS... But that wasn't allowed by GatEB. So at the moment, I don't have any way of easily clearing my Restore data so that I can make sure I don't inadvertently pull myself back into the broken save at some point.

Basically... I'd like a way to clear a hold's save data (just the progress, not the demos), probably with a double 'Are you sure?' 'Are you really, REALLY sure?' prompt to prevent accidental clears.

[Last edited by Hikari at 03-05-2015 11:31 PM]
03-05-2015 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
icon Re: Delete Restore Progress on main hold (0)  
As I said in that thread... I should be able to fix your save. Just upload it somewhere and PM me the URL, and I'll have a look.
03-05-2015 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
Nah, that's OK. I'm using the TSS demo to wipe it. I don't mind replaying the hold, anyways. But it'd be nice not to have to jump through this many hoops to fix one hold.

EDIT: Not that the TSS Demo wiped it, either. Eesh. But in any case, I'm less concerned about repairing the save and more just wanting to wipe out the TSS (but nothing else) from it.

[Last edited by Hikari at 03-06-2015 01:05 AM]
03-06-2015 at 12:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
I don't think it will be implemented - this seems to be the only case ever when someone needed to delete a hold's progress.

11-24-2020 at 12:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Delete Restore Progress on main hold (Because sometimes, you just have to give up)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com