Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD On-Line
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Lucky_Mutt
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 35
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD On-Line (0)  
Oh don't worry, the tough holds are coming, mwahahaha :devil. My ultimate plan is to let people design and access holds online, this way there is an easy way to get your holds circulated and see other peoples holds. Besides ease of sharing, i'll also up compitition by having stats... who really is the smitemaster and who the goblin? Hehe, I'm so evil, mwahaha.

(Sorry I havn't slept in open 24 hours)

-TLM
08-12-2003 at 10:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Lucky_Mutt
OK, yet another update. I suppose I could just upload the file and not mention any thing... But I have to brag.

I added Evil Eye Support, the 'small' map will now generate a random map including them. Also, (because it was nessicary for the evil eyes), everything now rotates to look at you (exept of corse the evil eyes not yet acitve).

http://www.thegamepublisher.com/drod.html

(Make sure your web browser doesn't get the page from cache... hit reload! The floor will be green if your browser reloaded, if it is still red, clear your temporary internet files!)

-TLM going on 27 hours without sleep

(Added pits and fixed some bugs, added music and victory message. 'R' will now restart the room (didn't think it was worth a whole 'nother message))

[Edited by The_Lucky_Mutt on 08-13-2003 at 02:13 AM GMT: adding updates]
08-12-2003 at 11:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Lucky_Mutt
umm... Trap doors and a real sword... I spent a lot of time trying to get it faster, but didn't succed too much... It may turn out that I don't need any of the dugans dungeon information because I can't make rooms that big... hmmm I should be able to... angers me... we'll see... 1216 squares are a lot, but shouldn't be too much...

(Queens and a clock (like the one Erik mentioned somewhere) also)

-TLM

[Edited by The_Lucky_Mutt on 08-15-2003 at 12:46 PM GMT: just adding on]
08-15-2003 at 11:06 AM
shurcooL
Rank Points: 40
hey,

i'm very glad your project didn't die, and that's quite a lot of work done right there. :P i've also resumed working (quite actively now) on my Palm clone, so that's going along well. i just wish it were faster, but there ain't much i can do when it's slow to just draw bitmaps on the screen (mostly because it's in high resolution mode, 320x320 pixels). also having some problems having walls 'connect' well, seeing how all my tiles are 13x13 tiles. damn, i shouldn't have picked this number. ;P i knew it'd cause more problems than it solved. hehe.

anyway (i think i'm catching your anyway fever :P ), enough talking about my project. just wanted to add that it is indeed kinda slow on my p3 500 mhz, and it's obvious that flash isn't designed for these kinds of things. where is the major bottleneck? i'm guessing it's the ai. also, i see things like some tiles going on top of others ('roaches over the sword), and some turning faster than others, but then again, it's the way flash is (wish there'd be a backbuffer, but then why not just go all the way and use OpenGL ;) ).

most importantly, good luck with your project, hope u won't give up or get bored too much with it. so far it looks great, unique-style-wise and stuff. :D

08-24-2003 at 03:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD On-Line
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes