Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Cleared Rooms
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DarkAngles
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Cleared Rooms (0)  
I just finished level 11 - tar mazes of doom. Gah. I was wondering if, once we cleared a given room, we could somehow save the room configuration (position of remaining tar, open all gates, etc). This way, when we re-entered a cleared room, we wouldn't have to go through the whole rigamarole of cleaning a path through the tar. On to level twelve, I LOVE snakes !:)
05-26-2003 at 01:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Cleared Rooms (0)  
This is a bad idea for several reasons: Some rooms are designed such that they *have* to be restored to their original configurations or they become impossible to go back through (or to get to a different exit).

Other rooms are designed such that they are one-way only; you can't go back once you went through them - usually, because some door becomes unpassable. Later in the game, some of the levels take advantage of this to control the order you enter rooms.

Most importantly, though, it's possible to complete a room while accidently blocking an exit in it (especially in tar rooms). Your idea would mean that once you do so, the level becomes unpassable.

[Edited by eytanz on 05-26-2003 at 01:46 AM]

05-26-2003 at 01:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DarkAngles
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Yeah. I see what you mean. I was thinking of some way where we don't have to keep going through the more irritating steps (like tar covered mazes, etc) over and over, even after clearing a room. Would it ruin the charm of the game (and I'm officially addicted :) if we could remove tar from the room after it's been finished ?
06-09-2003 at 12:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
This is probably hell for coding...though I wouldn't know about that...and some of us happen to like the tar! It's your friend! Stab it!

06-09-2003 at 01:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
In any case, this will make level 11 quite pointless - some of the rooms have to be entered and exited multiple times, after all, with nothing in them except tar - so if this were the case, the tar would vanish after the first entry.

06-09-2003 at 01:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Cleared Rooms
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com