Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Wait For Challenge Completed script command and _ChallengesCompleted variable
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
IP: Logged
icon Wait For Challenge Completed script command and _ChallengesCompleted variable (0)  
The former is self-explanatory.
The latter would be an integer variable that stores the number of challenges the player completed. This would allow for in-hold rewards for completing challenges, for example unlocking new rooms in a postmastery area. This also allows challenges to be used as global flags, marking the completion of optional objectives across saves.

The abuse potential should be mitigated by the HA process.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 10-19-2014 08:56 PM]
10-19-2014 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Wait For Challenge Completed script command and _ChallengesCompleted variable (0)  
It has been always the case that the dev team has opposed script access to global state of the game for good reasons and I highly doubt it will be implemented.

But can you provide good reasons what would you like to use this variable for?

02-01-2015 at 07:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
icon Re: Wait For Challenge Completed script command and _ChallengesCompleted variable (0)  
In a postmastery level, there could be a set of rooms that are locked or unlocked based on the number of challenges completed.

Another would be to check for the completion of specific optional levels or collectibles across saves.

02-01-2015 at 07:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4596
Rather than number of challenges completed (since they come in so many shapes and sizes, it's hard to see much use for this) there could be either a scripting command or a new Master Wall equivalent that unlocks when all challenges are completed.

02-01-2015 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2435
icon Re: Wait For Challenge Completed script command and _ChallengesCompleted variable (+2)  
But if you do that, then you can't put more challenges behind the hypothetical Challenge Wall.
02-01-2015 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Wait For Challenge Completed script command and _ChallengesCompleted variable (+2)  
I kinda like the idea of a Challenge Wall which is traversable only when you've done all of the challenges.

We can't have a script command to check it because it's global (as in between-saves) state.

11-24-2020 at 12:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Wait For Challenge Completed script command and _ChallengesCompleted variable
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com