Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD SE (outdated topic) (Search for Deadly Rooms of Death : Swordplay Edition topic instead.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Gabrieloup
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 3
IP: Logged
icon DROD SE (outdated topic) (+3)  
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!
Outdated!

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.

[Last edited by Gabrieloup at 03-19-2015 07:09 PM]
10-19-2014 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Swordplay total conversion for DROD:AE (+1)  
You could try OBS, it's generally for stream--

Wait is this...a DROD: AE resource pack?

And you just registered five days ago?

Guys what is going on here
10-21-2014 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gabrieloup
icon Re: Swordplay total conversion for DROD:AE (0)  
Banjooie wrote:
You could try OBS, it's generally for stream--

Wait is this...a DROD: AE resource pack?

And you just registered five days ago?

Guys what is going on here

You heard that right, but i play the whole DROD series since a long time ago, i just never really wanted to register anyway. Yep it's a DROD Architect's Edition resource pack, since it's in my opinion my favorite out of the series, aside of Journey to Rooted Hold.

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.
10-22-2014 at 01:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
icon Re: Swordplay total conversion for DROD:AE (+3)  
Guys you can't leave me by myself in this thread

this isn't okay
10-22-2014 at 06:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Sorry Banj, I think you are the best equipped to handle this one.
10-22-2014 at 07:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gabrieloup
icon Re: Swordplay total conversion for DROD:AE (+1)  
Ezlo wrote:
Sorry Banj, I think you are the best equipped to handle this one.
Sorry guys but i'm behind a green door, remember, to open a green door, you must conquer the room!

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.
10-22-2014 at 02:00 PM
Banjooie
Alright. Alright. Let's start.

Let's start with..what about the engines beyond JTRH do you dislike?
10-22-2014 at 06:07 PM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Swordplay total conversion for DROD:AE (+2)  
Gabriel, I'll take a look at it later. Seems interesting. I like your enthusiasm to create things.

Or you might be a troll. Points for creativity if that's the case.

-Erik

10-22-2014 at 06:52 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
If it is, I will literally dump my entire stash of mod points on him right now. Even I do not have the dedication to create an entire modset for the purposes of satire and hilarity.

Erik, we probably should be clear this is more like a Minecraft mod/pack/, which means he's made a compilation of other mods to create a cohesive experience, rather than making something himself.

[Last edited by Banjooie at 10-22-2014 08:27 PM]
10-22-2014 at 07:07 PM
Gabrieloup
Banjooie wrote:
Alright. Alright. Let's start.

Let's start with..what about the engines beyond JTRH do you dislike?
I don't dislike the engines nor the storyline, i just prefer Architect's Edition over the others since it's much more customizable. Most of the sounds and all the textures are fully customizable, whereas the other engines you cannot really change things so much, though the user made holds there are far better than the user made ones for Architect's Edition.

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.
10-22-2014 at 10:44 PM
Gabrieloup
Banjooie wrote:
If it is, I will literally dump my entire stash of mod points on him right now. Even I do not have the dedication to create an entire modset for the purposes of satire and hilarity.

Erik, we probably should be clear this is more like a Minecraft mod/pack/, which means he's made a compilation of other mods to create a cohesive experience, rather than making something himself.
Glad someone understands. It's a mod compilation of other people's mods, to change the game rather completely. I already did this multiple times to other games, like AvP2, CoD4, UT99, Doom 2, and so on.

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.
10-22-2014 at 10:51 PM
Banjooie
...wait, what? What do you mean you can't change as much...? Guys can you not change the sounds in the newer DRODs? Did we remove that somewhere?
10-23-2014 at 02:53 AM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Gabriel, I opened up the archive and looked through. To be honest, I don't have AE installed right now so had to get the gist by looking through files.

I like the title screen. I think the pack overall could be improved by making more changes from the original DROD art beyond color changes. (Well, on style 4, you overlaid a new texture, to be fair.) Like for example, add in a different pit texture using something off cgtextures.

Did you swap Neather and Beethro noises? Weird.

Here are some I've recorded and uploaded there if you are interested in using for this or something else: http://www.freesound.org/people/ErikH2000/

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. Keep making stuff.

-Erik

10-23-2014 at 04:16 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gabrieloup
ErikH2000 wrote:
Gabriel, I opened up the archive and looked through. To be honest, I don't have AE installed right now so had to get the gist by looking through files.

I like the title screen. I think the pack overall could be improved by making more changes from the original DROD art beyond color changes. (Well, on style 4, you overlaid a new texture, to be fair.) Like for example, add in a different pit texture using something off cgtextures.

Did you swap Neather and Beethro noises? Weird.

Here are some I've recorded and uploaded there if you are interested in using for this or something else: http://www.freesound.org/people/ErikH2000/

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. Keep making stuff.

-Erik
I switched the Neather's and Beethro's noises because i didn't want to use the DRODIS sound effects, that when you die it seems like some rock splashing or something and i found inadequate. Also, as i said, i'm still looking on updating the mod, so the tiles you're seeying are placeholders. I want to use tiles that are completely different from normal DROD:AE, but i didn't have time yet since first i still need to work on some other annoying stuff and also my internet keeps crashing every 5 minutes, at least for now. But i'll definitely add more attention to the tiles and compare one by one with the normal DROD tiles, and see the ones who are the most different. But at the same time also feel familiar, with trapdoors still looking like trapdoors and pits looking like pits, and floors still looking like floors. Also, did you notice the new player faces and General Tiles? What do you think about them?

EDIT : Now that i really think about the DRODIS sound effects, you know what, nevermind, i'll use the modded Beethro and Neather sound effects from DRODIS to Swordplay. I dunno, perhaps i can give an explanation that screams can't be heard through the armor or something? lol

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.

[Last edited by Gabrieloup at 10-23-2014 04:32 PM]
10-23-2014 at 12:22 PM
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
icon Re: Deadly Rooms of Death : Swordplay Edition (0)  
Any mod of DROD or DROD spinoff typically goes on Development. As a helpful and friendly tip, when you mod DROD again, start a topic on Development instead.

10-25-2014 at 07:44 PM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
azb wrote:
Any mod of DROD or DROD spinoff typically goes on Development. As a helpful and friendly tip, when you mod DROD again, start a topic on Development instead.
I meant to move this thread the very first day but I forgot. Nevertheless, moved now.

10-26-2014 at 08:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gabrieloup
skell wrote:
azb wrote:
I meant to move this thread the very first day but I forgot. Nevertheless, moved now.
Woah, didn't notice i posted this thread on the wrong place, lol! Thanks for moving it, it should bring some more attention now.

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.
10-26-2014 at 03:04 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Hi! Great to see some creative modding in this thread.

In engines after JtRH, you should be able to modify everything you could mod in JtRH, and also more. I'm not sure what you are saying could be modded in JtRH (2.0) that can't be modded in 3.0 and later.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-27-2014 at 10:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gabrieloup
mrimer wrote:
Hi! Great to see some creative modding in this thread.

In engines after JtRH, you should be able to modify everything you could mod in JtRH, and also more. I'm not sure what you are saying could be modded in JtRH (2.0) that can't be modded in 3.0 and later.
There are few mods for 3.0 that actually changes much, meanwhile at 4.0 and later the only things you can really change is the room tiles, bolt colors, cursor, and the scroll interface. Otherwise there are no community mods that changes any significant portion of the game. And my plan is to compile mods, not really make new ones. I was planning to do the rest of the DROD series even with tiny changes, but you see, they're fine as they are anyway. I just felt that Architect's Edition needed some changing and i did it, but the rest of the games don't need much graphical changes. Especially 5.0 thanks to the super awesome new effects.

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.
10-28-2014 at 01:56 AM
Banjooie
It makes more sense when you realize he's making mod/packs/, not actually making mods.

Nobody's made huge overhauls for the later engines.
10-30-2014 at 06:55 PM
Gabrieloup
icon Re: Deadly Rooms of Death : Swordplay Edition (+1)  
Banjooie wrote:
It makes more sense when you realize he's making mod/packs/, not actually making mods.

Nobody's made huge overhauls for the later engines.
More or less, Journey to Rooted Hold did get some overalls such as the ugly tiles mod which makes all characters look round and fat, a faces mod that changes all character artworks to look like hand drawings (they're also ugly too), and some other stuff such as extra weapons like daggers (probably Caravel Team got the concept of daggers in The Second Sky from that mod) and even maces, make tar and mud different, and clock mods. However, following 2.0, very few things happened. Even if 3.0 does support the "ugly generaltiles mod" which makes characters fat, it's laggy like hell in 3.0 contrary to 2.0, and rooms take a while to load thanks to badly coded tiles and environment objects don't even appear anymore, so the only properly working 3.0 mods are the additional swords and stuff, some clock mods specifically made for 3.0 (since it has the speed potion), some bolt mods and a cursor mod that makes the cursor look like a dagger instead of a Really Big Sword (TM), and some specifically made general tile mods such as changed pressure plates and blah blah blah, then in 4.0 and later, only things really compatible is bolt mods and cursor mods, and for The Second Sky i think you can port the HUD overlay from Journey to Rooted Hold directly into The Second Sky. But JtRH still has some good mods, but it's not as great as the looks of the original game anyhow.

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.

[Last edited by Gabrieloup at 12-12-2014 06:07 PM]
10-31-2014 at 01:43 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Gabrieloup wrote:
some other stuff such as extra weapons like daggers (probably Caravel Team got the concept of daggers in The Second Sky from that mod) and even maces...
Good question. No, we didn't include the dagger due to the idea from this mod.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-13-2014 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gabrieloup
Coming soon is a full revisit of this mod, with new sounds taken from Star Wars and other things (you'll see Beethro using a sword powered with laser that instantly explode Roaches!) and new music. Room styles are going to be severely revisited as well as requested multiple times. This time, none of the room styles are recolors of DROD styles, they are all new styles from scratch with very detailed visuals that really seem like you were there. Caves look like actual caves now, and Catacombs just like a real Tomb you'd see in real life. Total immersion is the goal of my revisited mod. Stay tuned for DROD Swordplay Edition Update 3 : Revenge of the Updates.

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.

[Last edited by Gabrieloup at 03-11-2015 06:31 PM]
03-11-2015 at 06:28 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD SE (outdated topic) (Search for Deadly Rooms of Death : Swordplay Edition topic instead.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com