Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tower Of Madness (In construction ...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
jokokoe
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 71
IP: Logged
icon Tower Of Madness (+2)  
Hi everybody ! First , you have to know that english is not my native language , so I may have trouble to write , I'll do my best !

I've always wanted to make my own hold . There are so many , I was thinking that it would not be so hard , I was wrong .
The Second Sky is really much more interesting than other DROD games as there are new kind of puzzles , making possibility " infinite " .
By the way , a great thanks for the developper and the community , this game is anwesome :thumbsup

For now there is 3 levels and 30 rooms . I'd like to know if I have to continue creating the hold , what could I change etc. or stop and make a better one .
Every feedback is welcome , enjoy ;)

Edit :

Click here to view the secret text

Architecture Salon
Do it Again

[Last edited by jokokoe at 10-16-2014 07:08 PM]
10-16-2014 at 04:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
IP: Logged
icon Re: Tower Of Madness (+1)  
Firstly, you should keep the hold Anyone Edit during testing -- it allows testers to look ahead and comment on further rooms even if they get stuck on a puzzle.

The text needs editing, but that should be done when the hold is complete so it can be done all in one go.

I really like the first rooms. 1N is a lovely staff manipulation puzzle, and 2N is a good continuation. The only problem is, 2N has no timer, so the player could if they wanted just do one roach at a time all the way through, which somewhat spoils the elegance.

3N is ridiculously hard :( I mean, there's nothing wrong with hard puzzles, but the difficulty jump came as a shock.

10-16-2014 at 05:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tower Of Madness (In construction ...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com