Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Now I found out I missed a secret level in the beginning...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
IP: Logged
icon Now I found out I missed a secret level in the beginning... (0)  
So...

Click here to view the secret text

08-02-2014 at 05:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Now I found out I missed a secret level in the beginning... (+2)  
The secret rooms found/conquered stats and their effect on the master door work globally - you can restore to an old save, conquer the room, and restore back to your new one without losing their conquered status.

While there are secrets in TSS that need to be done in one playthrough for plot-based reasons, all of those are guaranteed to be accessible without needing to restore. That particular room, therefore, is not one of them.

[Last edited by TripleM at 08-02-2014 06:02 AM]
08-02-2014 at 06:01 AM
tempestadept
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 141
icon Re: Now I found out I missed a secret level in the beginning... (+1)  
If this room was required for game completion, it would be possible to return to it. Other secret rooms are needed only for mastering the hold, and you don't need to complete them in a continuous play-through. You may restore someplace to finish that particular room, and it will count for mastery.
08-02-2014 at 06:01 AM
uncopy2002
icon Re: Now I found out I missed a secret level in the beginning... (0)  
I don't know, since

1. I once restored back and completed that secret level when I was in Chapter 5, and as I progress, it doesn't seem to count to my Chapter 10 progress at all, and

2. The "Conquered/Explored Room" for the Chapter 10 progress still shows a number not reflecting the completion after restoring.

[Last edited by uncopy2002 at 08-02-2014 06:19 AM]
08-02-2014 at 06:19 AM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
It doesn't matter if the number reflects it, because to the master wall, simply having beaten it once is what matters.

My stuff:

08-02-2014 at 06:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
To be more precise: once you conquer a hold, you see a message about how many secret rooms you've conquered. You also see a 'Secrets conquered: x/x' message on the Restore screen so you know which levels to continue to look for secrets in.

Those stats are the permanent ones, and once you've found and conquered each of them, the master wall normally found near the end of the hold will drop.

Of course, if you restore back to a point before you conquered the room, it will still have monsters in it and show as unconquered, but that's unimportant for the purpose of mastering a hold.
08-02-2014 at 06:35 AM
uncopy2002
Okay, so that means the two stats are unrelated, am I right?

Though, what about challenges? I don't think you can restore and re-do a level for a challenge, and still has it on the furthest save. (I tried it once before, it didn't work.)

[Last edited by uncopy2002 at 08-02-2014 06:46 AM]
08-02-2014 at 06:44 AM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
It is not necessary for all challenges to be completed in the furthest save; once a challenge is completed once, it is counted as completed. IIRC, I think there are even some mutually exclusive challenges.

My stuff:

08-03-2014 at 05:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
NoahT wrote:
IIRC, I think there are even some mutually exclusive challenges.

there is one such pair I can remember - but, yes, one can complete 100% of challenges, and have only one play-through. I went back and restored to rooms to do their challenges, and still had them when I restored back to my 'most progress' save. In that way, challenges are like secret rooms (and unlike optional non-secret rooms).

If a secret room happens to also be one you can backtrack to, then restoring to it, then restoring to a later save, then backtracking to it, will still show it unconquered -- but in terms of hold mastery, you have beaten it. (If this paragraph is confusing, ignore it).

08-03-2014 at 06:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Now I found out I missed a secret level in the beginning...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com