Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Kitten! (The drod.net newcomer's guide to kittens.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Kitten! (+2)  
And the number one search phrase for bringing people to DROD.net is... (drum roll)

"kitten"

I mean... far and away, leaving every other search phrase in the dust. 2383 hits (maybe about 2000 visitors) arrived for kittens. Next, 197 and 191 hits for "Dragonball Z: Buu's Fury" and "DROD".

So now that I have another post, the title of which is "Kitten", it is my belief that thousands of people will come and visit this particular topic. To those people, I apologize that there isn't much kitten content on the site, but if you have a spare moment to reply, I'm curious about your search for kittens. Are you looking for really cute pictures of kittens, or health information, or... I dunno, what are you looking to find about kittens?

At time of writing, on DROD.net there are the following posts that mention the word "kitten":

Watch the Bar - Wherein Agaricus discusses the desirability of eating kittens with proper condiments.
Image Wars - Wherein Scott shows a picture from his personal collection of highly compressed kittens, and Eytan comments on the hypothetical ferocity of said kittens.
Beethro Costume - Wherein Clayton's all-too-human girlfriend is anthropomorphized (no, the opposite of that! What's the word?) to satisfy some sick feline fetish.
One Word Game - Wherein Trick makes a brief comment on kittens which could not possibly be any briefer.
Bizarre Story Thread - Wherein Drizzo's fiction recreation of Pat Sajak worries about cute little kittens going hungry.
Scavenger Hunt - Wherein DiMono demands more compressed kittens, and RoboBob3000 comes back from Scott's house with three primo photos.
Buffalo - Wherein Schik states for the record, that one should expect not to find kittens or buffalos in subterranean areas.
And You Thought It Would Be a Fluke - Wherein Trick attempts to catomorphize himself to satisfy some sick feline fetish.
Dentist Appointment - Wherein bdcribbs declares that if one were to crave the taste of dead kittens, this preference would be a subjective opinion.
Architectural Patterns and their Relevance in DROD - Wherein Zex indicates that ketchup may go well with puppies, but definitely not kittens.
More complete instructions for people wanting to write some code! - Wherein Schik pleads for people to not irresponsibly announce that kittens or puppies are being tortured. Wait until you are sure it is actually happening, so we don't all get our hopes up.

What was I saying? There is all kinds of kitten-related content at DROD.net! Welcome home, kitten lovers!

-Erik

09-25-2004 at 10:41 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
icon Re: Kitten! (0)  
:|

indeed.

Well, I bet finding out that people come to DROD.net through googling kittensis very important. Googling kittens - that sounds nasty.

(how's that beta coming along? ;) )

Edit:
waitwaitwait...more people arrived for dragonball Z than DROD? when that thread has been up for about a month? yeesh.

[Edited by wackhead_uk at Local Time:09-25-2004 at 10:55 PM]
09-25-2004 at 10:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
That's pretty surreal. I wonder how many people starting playing DROD by searching for kittens?

09-25-2004 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
ErikH2000 wrote:
And the number one search phrase for bringing people to DROD.net is... (drum roll)

"kitten"

I mean... far and away, leaving every other search phrase in the dust. 2383 hits (maybe about 2000 visitors) arrived for kittens. Next, 197 and 191 hits for "Dragonball Z: Buu's Fury" and "DROD".
Waaaah!

That's shocking.

Shows you just how a strange coincidence can lead you down a completely different path to the one you were expecting.

I suppose it's some sort of popular random (humour) thing to search for.

Watch the Bar - Wherein Agaricus discusses the desirability of eating kittens with proper condiments.

Architectural Patterns and their Relevance in DROD - Wherein Zex indicates that ketchup may go well with puppies, but definitely not kittens.

I told you!

:P

What was I saying? There is all kinds of kitten-related content at DROD.net! Welcome home, kitten lovers!

-Erik

Of course. I agree completely :)

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:09-25-2004 at 11:40 PM]

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 10-10-2006 05:05 PM]
09-25-2004 at 11:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Kitten! (The drod.net newcomer's guide to kittens.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com