Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Temporal token Bug (Not remaining on the token will crash game)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
IP: Logged
icon Temporal token Bug (+1)  
If you activate a time token and are pushed off by a staff on the same turn, when you return by pressing tab the game will shut down with a beep.

Assertion error in line 2295 of .\CurrentGame.cpp: "this->swordsman.wX == (UINT)this->temporalSplit.x"
Assertion error in line 2297 of .\CurrentGame.cpp: "this->pRoom->GetTSquare(this->swordsman.wX, this->swordsman.wY) == T_TOKEN"
Assertion error in line 2298 of .\CurrentGame.cpp: "bTokenActive(this->pRoom->GetTParam(this->swordsman.wX, this->swordsman.wY))"
Assertion error in line 10704 of .\DbRooms.cpp: "wTTile == T_OBSTACLE || bIsLight(wTTile) || wTTile == T_TOKEN || wTTile == T_STATION"
Assertion error in line 10707 of .\DbRooms.cpp: "tObj"

Edit: Just updated to 5.01 and the bug is still here

I wish that man would stay away

[Last edited by The spitemaster at 07-02-2014 03:23 AM]
07-02-2014 at 03:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
icon Re: Temporal token Bug (0)  
Actually, this bug makes me wonder as to the correct fix for it. Should the intended behavior be that the token is not triggered until the end of the turn (9999 in turn order) or that the token is triggered and there is a separation from the initial move to the photocopy's initial move.

Further testing reveals that other sources of movement off the token on that turn will also crash the game. (ie scripting) However, if the player returns, also on the same turn, a crash is averted.

I wish that man would stay away
07-02-2014 at 03:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5060
icon Re: Temporal token Bug (0)  
I'm going to change this behavior so that the temporal split token turns back off (like how drinking a potion affects it) if the player is not on the token at the end of the turn it is activated.

Fixed in 5.0.1.5996.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-04-2014 at 05:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Temporal token Bug (Not remaining on the token will crash game)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com