Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TSS: Speech Issue (Speech not paused when window loses focus)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
keldor314
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon TSS: Speech Issue (+1)  
A fairly minor bug here - if DROD gets suspended (after alt-tab, clicking on another window, minimizing, etc.) while speech is playing, the speech is not paused but rather continues playing silently in the background, meaning you miss out on what was said.
06-22-2014 at 07:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: TSS: Speech Issue (0)  
That's how it is since JtRH afaik. Actually it would be pretty neat to have it changed.

06-22-2014 at 07:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: TSS: Speech Issue (+1)  
I was not able to reproduce the issue as stated. The only situation I found was when "No focus plays music" options was enabled, in which case the voices and sound effects would continue to play.

When it was disabled speech was paused as expected.

I've changed it so that even when music plays out of focus, voices and sound effects are paused (and resumed when focus is regained). PR

10-03-2020 at 09:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
Can confirm that in 5.1.1.alpha.2020-10-16 even when No focus plays music is enabled, speech and sound effects are paused until the window regains focused.

Note that when I say "speech", I mean the sound file that plays, not the length of time the textbox is displayed, which times out and disappears while the window has no focus.
10-18-2020 at 01:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
kieranmillar wrote:
Note that when I say "speech", I mean the sound file that plays, not the length of time the textbox is displayed, which times out and disappears while the window has no focus.

I made a separate thread for that.

10-18-2020 at 09:43 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TSS: Speech Issue (Speech not paused when window loses focus)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com