Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD's Easiest and Hardest Levels (Which levels made YOU go insane or sigh in boredom?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Josiah
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon DROD's Easiest and Hardest Levels (+1)  
NOTE: I have only gotten to the eleventh level thus far. Hence, my votes may change in the future.

EASIEST LEVEL: Level 10
There was only one room in this level that could be considered difficult, and it only took me roughly ten-fifteen minutes to complete (that room is 1S, 1E).

HARDEST LEVEL: Level 8
Septence south, Thrice east = Long hours of tearing out hair.

Also, I would like to say that as of right now, it seems Level 11 will be the most ANNOYING level hitherto. ARGH!

09-13-2004 at 06:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: DROD's Easiest and Hardest Levels (0)  
EASIEST LEVEL: Level 13

HARDEST LEVEL: Level 8

Should'nt this be a poll?

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
09-13-2004 at 06:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Josiah wrote:
Also, I would like to say that as of right now, it seems Level 11 will be the most ANNOYING level hitherto. ARGH!

It would definitely be much less annoying if Caravel DROD, like Webfoot, didn't show tar on the maps. The fact that tar appears on the maps definitely creates more trial-and-error in the puzzles where tar covers walls, and we all know DROD isn't supposed to be about trial-and-error.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

09-13-2004 at 06:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
The answers to this poll can change a lot depending on your experience. Level 1, for instance, is objectively a lot easier than level 10 - but the first time you play through level 1 you'll probably find it harder just because it's all so new. By the time you reach level 10 you're familiar enough with the tactics that if you went back to level 1 it would be very very easy, but level 10 is definitely easier than the levels around it.

As for the hardest level, it depends by which criteria. If we're going for average room difficulty, I'd say level 21 or 24 (21 is probably hardest the first time you play it, 24 is hardest in replays). If we're going for level that features that hardest rooms (but also some relatively easy ones), I'd go with level 25.

09-13-2004 at 10:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Easiest Level - 18. I remember completing that level in something stupid like 16 minutes the first time I tried it.

Hardest Level - Tie between 15 & 22. 15 I haven't even finished yet....and 22 was a generic pain-in-the-butt. Mimics are not my friend...

09-13-2004 at 02:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Easiest levels on first time :

Level 7 - I wasn't mind intellect at the first time, but the other rooms weren't too difficult.
Level 21 - I don't know why, but I really had no trouble with this level

Hardest levels on first time :

Level 4 - I was in trouble with mimics when I played this level first time.
(Level 13) Ack!
Level 22 - When you think you can control mimics well... Well, they throw a level like this on you...

[Edited by Doom on 09-13-2004 at 01:52 PM GMT]
09-13-2004 at 02:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
easy - level 9

hard - level 21

I found level 9 extremely easy after doing some levels on some user holds and level 8, but I didnt think level 8 could be called hard because it was only really one room, wasnt it? I am currently stuck on level 21 but form what I have heard, I might change it to level 22 soon. :thumbsdown
09-15-2004 at 09:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Whackhead_uk, I think so too. 1s Was the room that took me the longest to beat, out of the whole game since the tar on lvl 8.
Favorite levels:1,3,5,7(except that room with 1 snake and 2 roach mamas which I still don't beat on first try even though I beat it severeal times but I still don't have a strategy),10(except that last room),12,23,and 25.Oh and 13(Just joking :D :D )Hardest levls:6,16,17,18,19,20,21,22 and the 2 tar mama rooms on 24, the famous ones(tar city)
Annoying levels:2,8,11,19

09-15-2004 at 11:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Big-J-Q
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
I don't think I'd consider level 8 as the hardest even though I've done so for a long time... until I played it the second time. I completed it in an hour or so and '3 mothers'-room wasn't even the hardest or the most annoying. It was a nice and easy level. I'm having much more trouble with the 9th level. (and, of course, level 17 although I haven't even tried it since last march or so).
09-25-2004 at 06:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
spiderlady
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: DROD's Easiest and Hardest Levels (+1)  
I started playing DROD with the demo version and I played the first three levels over and over again so I,d have to say the easiest is definetly the first and the hardest is 22.

10-03-2004 at 06:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
minhtuan
Rank Points: 22
Right now I play L15, therefore L15 is bad :D
Back I find L8 is truly insane and L4, L9, L11 is quite easy.
L3 is terrible for only one room, but it takes so long to figure it out :D
04-24-2005 at 12:55 PM
butsam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
Perhaps a better question would be which level took the longest for you to defeat? After all, you are naturally improving as time goes on. A level that takes abnormally long, though, would be the hardest leap, which I think is what the topic is intended to convey.

Level 15 or 22...not sure which took longer, but one of those two. (In King Dugan's, I assume, right? I am giving Level 15 and 22 in King Dugan's, not JtRH)

Sam
04-24-2005 at 07:31 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD's Easiest and Hardest Levels (Which levels made YOU go insane or sigh in boredom?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com