Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest (100% Honor)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
savaron
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest (0)  
Has anyone gotten 100% honor yet?

I've been as nice and as humble as I can be

I have helped everyone and done all their side quests

I have never stolen anything, and never lied

I paid to get Krata out of jail, and convinced her to stop
stealing if I helped her out

I didn't take a reward from the Jarl for saving him so he could give the money to people that needed it

I showed off the dragon scale armor at both taverns as I
promised.

And I'm still falling short of 100%. I did tell the adventure guilds leader a lie for my first story because I wanted to hear my character tell the King's Quest 1 story. So that would be a lie so I could see that docking me a point, but I'm missing several.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

[Last edited by savaron at 03-24-2014 03:09 PM]
03-24-2014 at 03:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jack Stryker
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: Heroine's Quest (0)  
I could be wrong, but I think you may get more honor by asking the Jarl to release Kraka as your reward (after asking her to stop thieving, of course).

Also, did you talk to the squirrel, while he was sitting in the tree by the ship, and ask him about why he's so evil and stuff?

[Last edited by Jack Stryker at 03-24-2014 11:01 PM]
03-24-2014 at 11:00 PM
savaron
I talked to the squirrel and got him to become the
Click here to view the secret text

I would think humbly not taking a reward and then freeing the girl with your own funds should net more honor, it's things like this that make me dislike hidden stats though because no one can actually know for sure.
03-24-2014 at 11:13 PM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Bribery is not honorable :P

Asking for a reward which doesn't directly benefit you, but rather helps someone else is honorable (provided you made her promise to stop stealing).

You can also generally help people or creatures that need it, it is the Fimbulwinter and there's shortage of food and warm clothes.
03-24-2014 at 11:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Antidragon4185
Rank Points: 11
You also gain honor by respecting the dead.

I've gotten 98% honor before without really trying, but I'm still not sure how to honorably deal with

[Last edited by Antidragon4185 at 03-25-2014 05:21 AM]
03-25-2014 at 05:19 AM
savaron
Fizzii wrote:
Bribery is not honorable :P

Interesting. I see your point and don't disagree with it, but from looking at it from an end results point of view.

The girl is free either way, and one way needy people get money which seems even more honorable to me.

I'd say I don't like a hidden stat for this very reason because we're all guessing, but it is interesting to see what people consider honorable or dishonorable.

Edit: For example is giving the swan wings back to the owner honorable? Freeing them? Good? Depriving her family? Bad? Maybe?
I see it as honorable overall because it gives the owner the choice but I could see people taking that different ways.

[Last edited by savaron at 03-25-2014 03:05 PM]
03-25-2014 at 01:50 PM
Insectodium
Is it even possible to get 500points and 100% honor?
(not for thief obviously, but for both sorceress and warrior)

- The ring, which gives point is cursed and you steal it so to speak.

- Killing Fafnir is in my head not honorable...

- Is opening the crates (borrowing the tool to open them) considered dishonest, its breaking and entering (and stealing)...

Oh well, all the dilemmas :P
03-29-2014 at 03:54 AM
Tweak
I did two attempts, one with the cursed ring got me 96%, and the one without the cursed ring still remained at 96%.

Based on my experience it seems highly unlikely the cursed ring affects honor.

I also tried not "stealing" from Odinn's shrine and not gambling/playing dice, but saw no improvement or reduction from doing that (unless they cancel each other out, but that's unlikely).

[Last edited by Tweak at 03-29-2014 04:13 AM]
03-29-2014 at 04:10 AM
hunger
I am such a nerd discussing a game's lore. I am helpless. Anyway.

Insectodium wrote:
- The ring, which gives point is cursed and you steal it so to speak.

Agreed. Some actions are not clear as to how they will affect the hero's honor score. The four NPCs trying to provide the guidelines for an honourable gameplay, are not clear enough.

Insectodium wrote:
- Killing Fafnir is in my head not honorable...

Alternatively, he will follow the chest to his death. But then you will have to avoid fighting with him, evading a challenge. He is guilty, but who made the heroine the judge and executioner? Taking the law into one's hand is honorable, really?

Insectodium wrote:
- Is opening the crates (borrowing the tool to open them) considered dishonest, its breaking and entering (and stealing)...

Opening abandoned crates shouldn't affect honor. Its how the game presented them anyway, not a property of someone. Since you will return the tool you "borrowed", I see nothing wrong there. But as to what you will decide to do with the wings, yeah, that's unclear. Again, why would the heroine be the judge of that? Justice and honour are not the same thing.

It would be better if those 4 NPCs talking about honor, could provide some vague guidelines. As for Regin's honor tip, about not stealing. Stealing never dishonored anyone, unless caught. Look at what you voting for governement.

Loved the game. The honor system could have been better. But I will admit it, I enjoyed this game more than the Sierra's originals. It was a brilliant decision to get rid of the Sierra's deadends.
03-29-2014 at 12:27 PM
Fizzii
Well, the thing with honor is that it's not important or even necessary to get 100%. And it's only the warrior class that needs a high honor score (which can be easily achieved provided one pays attention), just to get Balmung, which is optional. That's my view though; I haven't gotten a single 500/500 score or 100% honor in any of my testing playthroughs... and I HAVE played the game many many times.

Anyway, technically it wouldn't be right to take other people's things (eg the cursed ring), but it was changed (I think in v1.2) to not affect honor because we found it a funny puzzle to trick players with :P

With Fafnir, you don't have to fight him if you give the chest back, and you can retrieve it later. Though I'm not sure you get full points for that. Anyway, we didn't make it affect honor because it's ambiguous who's in the right/wrong. Sometimes goody-too-shoes heroes are judgemental/see things in black and white though :P

Same again with Hervor. Returning Hervor's things to her isn't necessarily dishonorable, and it's entirely possible that one wouldn't expect Hervor to leave like that. In hindsight, of course, one can always say differently :)
03-29-2014 at 12:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insectodium
Good to know this does not effect in in the total count :)

About getting 100%, well, its an achievement on steam all but a sudden ;)

Anyway, just finished a run-through with my wizzap and got 500score, and 97% honor (and have some ideas on tweaking and testing the end result ;)

Having fun looking for easter-eggs too :D
03-30-2014 at 12:17 AM
Fizzii
Yep, but even before the game was on Steam, there were people interested in getting max honor :)

We're not going to write any walkthroughs on how to achieve max honor or how to get the other achievements. We do believe in leaving some challenges to the players to work out :)
03-30-2014 at 12:35 AM
Insectodium
Fizzii wrote:
Yep, but even before the game was on Steam, there were people interested in getting max honor :)

We're not going to write any walkthroughs on how to achieve max honor or how to get the other achievements. We do believe in leaving some challenges to the players to work out :)

Yeah, i find that quite all right, and actually very correct of you. Quite honorable :D

It's fun lurking around trying to find easter-eggs :D
I do believe i lost atleast one or two achievements due to disconnection from steam tho :/

[Last edited by Insectodium at 03-30-2014 02:07 AM]
03-30-2014 at 02:05 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest (100% Honor)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com