Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Another weapon idea
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 490
IP: Logged
icon Another weapon idea (+1)  
You know how the spear and pickaxe are supposed to be new weapons for TSS? Well, can I request another weapon? I would like a bow.

There would be arrows pre-placed and you would collect them to use as bow ammo. You would tap the key you use for "special scripting command" and the bow would fling an arrow that moves in the direction it is pointed in at 1 square per turn.

Arrow are not too sharp, however, so after hitting something, they immediatly dissapear. Also, arrows cannot break crumbly walls, mainly to prevent accidental secret finding.

Use this for puzzles that require you to battle with the sword before finally being able to shoot some out-of range monsters.

[Last edited by azb at 03-09-2014 12:18 PM : Spelling: "Puzzlse" to "puzzles"]
03-09-2014 at 12:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1917
icon Re: Another weapon idea (+1)  
Hmm, we might have something for you in TSS:)
03-09-2014 at 06:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3757
icon Re: Another weapon idea (+1)  
Marking as won't implement.

This sounds very scriptable, to the point where I think there is already a published hold with a bow.

Edit: As for how to script:

1. Use variable for storing number of arrows
2. Use custom character with ghost display for the bow graphic in front of the player (make sure to not try to place it outside the bounds of the room)
3. Wait for input Special Command
4. Calculate the projectile firing in the given direction, attack tile for damaging

[Last edited by skell at 11-04-2020 03:15 PM]
11-04-2020 at 03:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Another weapon idea
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com