Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : second time through portal from garden (erased from existence)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
REDDA1
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon second time through portal from garden (0)  
I have managed to get through to the portal scene but on coming back from the garden after planting the apple seed I get erased every time. Sorry if this is obvious I went through the post but only found the the scene with the portal and troll I had figured this one out but I am stuck at this point also I`m new to these games and after finding this site I see I missed A few things is there any thing I should have to complete this scene that I may have missed?
Thanks in advance for any help
03-03-2014 at 08:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tweak
icon Re: second time through portal from garden (0)  
In case it wasn't obvious, the portals the Norns appear over take you to various moments in time under their control. You first went into the "future" (only one possible future, but let's not get side-tracked), then you next go into the past.

The game tells you that you are erased from existence because you have done something to alter how time and events should have unfolded.

If that still doesn't help, then
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Tweak at 03-03-2014 09:46 PM]
03-03-2014 at 08:55 PM
REDDA1
Tweak wrote:
In case it wasn't obvious, the portals the Norns appear over take you to various moments in time under their control. You first went into the "future" (only one possible future, but let's not get side-tracked), then you next go into the past.

The game tells you that you are erased from existence because you have done something to alter how time and events should have unfolded

If that still doesn't help, then
Click here to view the secret text

At first I tried to go back with the trowel and the jewel but figured that out. Can`t think of any thing I brought back
I get back but then says the other me waves hands about tried to talk, tried items in inventory also spells but these didn`t work. Thought maybe. something about symbol on floor cant think of any thing brought back. even tried to use empty bottle to water apple seed won`t let me fill it. I must be missing something simple I playing as warrior

thanks for your reply
03-03-2014 at 09:31 PM
Tweak
Oh, you mean to say that you solved the first two and have trouble with the third? I thought you were saying you were stuck in the second portal scene.

The third scene is a bit confusing. You need to remember what your "doppleganger" said to you before you went in the portal, then pick those exact lines. After, you just pass the vortex stone to your former self.

The problem most people have with this is that they think they click on the other person when they do not. Every item has a white pixel in it. The white pixel is the only point that matters when you click the mouse. Just make sure when you select the vortex stone to put the white pixel over the character to which you are handing it.

If the white pixel in the vortex stone is off by even the smallest bit, then you get game over even though you were trying to do the right thing.

[Last edited by Tweak at 03-03-2014 09:45 PM]
03-03-2014 at 09:44 PM
REDDA1

Thanks for the help there appears to be something wrong with the game save I had did as you said first (I Wrote down what was said in the first portal scene {terrible memory}) but I was erased every time and I tried all the other variations. Eventually I replayed from a previous save and it worked a treat. I did pick up the red gem but put it back this may have caused a problem

thanks again for your assistance
03-03-2014 at 10:46 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : second time through portal from garden (erased from existence)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com