Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : A few questions
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TwoEdge
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon A few questions (0)  
Hi everybody, I'm playing a Warrior and would like a little help, namely:

- Snorri says he'll be at the shooting range at noon, I went there at morning, midday and afternoon and I'm yet to find him, how do I meet him there?

- How do I go about turning the doom squirrel into the bloom squirrel?

- Most topics here talking about honor suggest you cannot boast nor tell fake tales to Arngrim, yet, in the recent update, the game tells it's natural for a Viking to be boastful. So, do the aforementioned activities impact your honor at all?

- Arngrim told me about a secret stash found by pressing a button in the fireplace at the Adventurer's Guild, I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me, help?

Oh, I'm in chapter 3 and absolutely LOVING this game so far, what a gem!

Thanks!

[Last edited by TwoEdge at 02-08-2014 06:29 PM]
02-08-2014 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TwoEdge
icon Re: A few questions (0)  
Scratch that first one, Snorri finally appeared. Weird that he hadn't until now.
02-08-2014 at 06:25 PM
Spiffo
TwoEdge wrote: - Snorri says he'll be at the shooting range at noon, I went there at morning, midday and afternoon and I'm yet to find him, how do I meet him there?
You solved this, but sometimes you need to leave a screen and come back for it to "sync".

- How do I go about turning the doom squirrel into the bloom squirrel?
If you've encountered him several times already, you should be able to see him on the screen with the boat. Talk to him there.

- Most topics here talking about honor suggest you cannot boast nor tell fake tales to Arngrim, yet, in the recent update, the game tells it's natural for a Viking to be boastful. So, do the aforementioned activities impact your honor at all?
Boast away!!!! Just don't make up bullshit that didn't happen. Boast about cool things you did though, that's awesome and people love that stuff!

- Arngrim told me about a secret stash found by pressing a button in the fireplace at the Adventurer's Guild, I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me, help?
Depends on your class. The button is behind the fireplace, so you need to get past the fire. A Warrior needs magic gloves to reach it, while a Sorceress can use Flame Aura to protect herself. Dunno about Rogue.
02-09-2014 at 02:04 AM
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
Spiffo wrote: The button is behind the fireplace, so you need to get past the fire. A Warrior needs magic gloves to reach it..

.. or, more easily, by doing what you'd do in real life if you wanted to push a button that's in fire.
02-09-2014 at 03:47 AM
TwoEdge
Spiffo wrote: If you've encountered him several times already, you should be able to see him on the screen with the boat. Talk to him there.
I totally missed him up there in the tree, thanks!

Spiffo wrote: Depends on your class. The button is behind the fireplace, so you need to get past the fire. A Warrior needs magic gloves to reach it, while a Sorceress can use Flame Aura to protect herself. Dunno about Rogue.
TripleM wrote: .. or, more easily, by doing what you'd do in real life if you wanted to push a button that's in fire.
The gloves give a response like "you reach out but there's nothing there". I thought about putting out the fire but I can't find something to do it with. The game refuses to let me carry water in a flask saying I'm in no danger of dehydration. Why oh why are the simplest puzzles the ones I struggle the most with? Help?

[Last edited by TwoEdge at 02-09-2014 05:53 AM]
02-09-2014 at 05:53 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Gloves protect you from magic. It wouldn't do to put out a fire in a common area either, and a small flask of water is unlikely to do the job :)

Have you got something to extend your reach so that your arm doesn't have to go into the fire?
02-09-2014 at 07:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TwoEdge
See? It's always the simple puzzles that get me!

Thanks, Fizzii, that did the trick.
02-09-2014 at 09:29 PM
Zachski
The Rogue method of getting into the stash:

Click here to view the secret text

02-10-2014 at 08:41 AM