Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A 'Random Hold' button on Hold Selection screen (Because i don't want to pick a hold myself.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Vike91
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 231
IP: Logged
icon A 'Random Hold' button on Hold Selection screen (0)  
I don't know if this has been suggested before... but here it goes anyway.

I would LOVE to see a "Random Hold" button on the Hold Selection screen, which picks 1 hold to play.
The hold would be picked from all the downloaded holds and from the list of holds available on CaravelNet.

Click here to view the secret text

What do you think?

EDIT: Yes yes, i know the random button is available on the Holds page online. I just would love to see it ingame.

[Last edited by Vike91 at 02-04-2014 10:16 PM]
02-04-2014 at 03:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
icon Re: A "Random Hold" button on Hold Selection screen (+1)  
Parameterized random would be even better. Let's say I want a random hold that's rated 7 or higher, between 5 and 8 brains of difficulty, and that I haven't played yet. That way you're more likely to discover a hold you would like.

02-04-2014 at 03:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gavgav123
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
icon Re: A "Random Hold" button on Hold Selection screen (0)  
Pinnacle wrote:
Parameterized random would be even better. Let's say I want a random hold that's rated 7 or higher, between 5 and 8 brains of difficulty, and that I haven't played yet. That way you're more likely to discover a hold you would like.

And add a search section for the author of the hold, the name, and the version:D
02-05-2014 at 10:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: A 'Random Hold' button on Hold Selection screen (0)  
I am afraid this sounds like a way too niche function to implement given how low on space on that screen we already are.

11-04-2020 at 03:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A 'Random Hold' button on Hold Selection screen (Because i don't want to pick a hold myself.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com