Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Question about trade item (also gulon) (Chapter 3 spoilers?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Spiffo
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Question about trade item (also gulon) (0)  
When trying to find items to trade Eitri, she talks about wanting a Bear's Sinew, a Cat's Footfall, or the Root of a Mountain. We wound up looking up the answer and gave her a Cat's Footfall*, but are there other ways to solve this puzzle? Is "bear's sinew" something that can be given? Is "root of a mountain"? Or are those red herrings? Given the brilliant "multiple solutions" thing this game has going on all over the place, I figure all of those items must mean something.

I thought that "a bear's sinew" would have to do with the Gulon so I tried hunting for one but couldn't find it. Apparently that's a warrior-only thing. Was I at least heading in the right direction?
Click here to view the secret text

*also there's no way a reasonable person would figure out A Cat's Footfall on their own, if you figured it out yourself then you're actually some kind of super genius robot
01-23-2014 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zachski
icon Re: Question about trade item (also gulon) (0)  
Spiffo wrote:
When trying to find items to trade Eitri, she talks about wanting a Bear's Sinew, a Cat's Footfall, or the Root of a Mountain. We wound up looking up the answer and gave her a Cat's Footfall*, but are there other ways to solve this puzzle? Is "bear's sinew" something that can be given? Is "root of a mountain"? Or are those red herrings? Given the brilliant "multiple solutions" thing this game has going on all over the place, I figure all of those items must mean something.

I thought that "a bear's sinew" would have to do with the Gulon so I tried hunting for one but couldn't find it. Apparently that's a warrior-only thing. Was I at least heading in the right direction?

*also there's no way a reasonable person would figure out A Cat's Footfall on their own, if you figured it out yourself then you're actually some kind of super genius robot

Someone figured out Cat's Footfall by themselves so apparently it is possible for a reasonable person :P

01-23-2014 at 07:12 PM
HIW
I also wonder if the root of the mountain and the bear's sinew are possible to obtain. In case it helps anybody, here are some ideas I've come up with, and a few things I've tried that haven't worked:

01-29-2014 at 07:09 PM
Lunda
According to Norse mythology, all these things where used to create the unbreakable chain that held the dread wolf Fenris, who on Ragnarok will break those chains and devour Odin.

The reason you won't find these things anywhere in nature is because they where all used up to make that chain.

Most of them are red Herrings, but there might be a way to get a Cat's footfalls, or at least something you can pass of as one.

[Last edited by Lunda at 02-09-2014 01:36 AM]
02-08-2014 at 09:07 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Question about trade item (also gulon) (Chapter 3 spoilers?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com