Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Getting Fox Again (Trust Issues ?!?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Arkhantos
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Getting Fox Again (0)  
Hi everyone,
Playing as a warrior, i got a problem about getting the fox, again.

I caught the little fox earlier, gained it's trust, and brought it back to den. Got the fur, gave it to you know who.

Later I lured out with the meat and took it again. I wanted to take my bag back, but it was night. So I went to city, slept till dawn. Fox was still in my pack.

As soon as I step out of the city, fox jumped out of my pack and ran into the forest.

Now, no matter what I do, I cannot get the fox out, everytime I offer meat, message says the fox don't trust me enough. Am I dead stuck with the fox? or am I missing something?

[Last edited by Arkhantos at 01-19-2014 06:46 PM]
01-19-2014 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jamus
icon Re: Getting Fox Again (0)  
Having the same problem with the fox. Lost him after I went to the city with him in my inventory when I didn't realize it. Now he doesn't trust me, even when I offer meat again. Maybe the quest is now failed?

01-31-2014 at 06:11 AM
HIW
I can't post the link, but if you search for the topic "Fox trust issues - warrior" it may be helpful. If you plucked the fur, that might be a problem.
01-31-2014 at 01:25 PM
Asrai
Hi Folks,

I'm having mostly the same problem, and I've read both threads thoroughly. Nothing is helping. I never even got fur in the first place.

As a warrior, I stumbled upon the fox really early in the game before I had any idea what do to with him. I hadn't even found his den or met the wizard yet, so I had no clue where to take him. I wandered around a bit, but at that point I didn't have much to keep me warm so I had no choice but to return to town. I couldn't figure out how to drop the fox, so I had to let him run away. I assumed I'd be able to catch him again later when I knew what I needed him for. I definitely did not pluck fur from him, I never picked up any fur anywhere.

Now my animal ken is 100, but no matter how many times I offer him food, he won't come out of his den. That was true before the huldra, and now I've completed that part of the story as well. Can I still finish the game, or am I going to have to start over from hours of game play ago?

Aside from this, I'm really loving this game. If the developers are still tweaking hopefully they can fix it so that either the fox doesn't appear until after you've visited the screen with his den, or so that he won't permanently stop trusting you.

Thanks!
02-15-2014 at 05:45 PM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Yes you can still finish the game, the fox is optional.

I can't recall if there's a way to get the fox back after taking him to the city, but the game does have quests which you can fail, and intentionally so.
02-15-2014 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Asrai
Ah well. I guess now I know better for the next play through. Thanks for the quick reply. :D
02-15-2014 at 09:22 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Getting Fox Again (Trust Issues ?!?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com