Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - How to be a good Rogue? (SPOILERS) (Some after the fact questions of mine.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Zachski
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest - How to be a good Rogue? (SPOILERS) (0)  
Don't worry about spoiler tags, since well... I've already beaten the game as a Rogue.

However, that playthrough had my *lowest* score yet. It was embarrassing. And I feel like I missed out on quite a bit of content for the Rogue.

(Also my honor was 49% but what would you expect from a Rogue? If anything it should've been lower...)

I can't remember every single thing I did with my rogue character, and due to the save limit I've already had to delete those saves for my other characters, so just go hogwild.

We know that there are two ways for a Rogue to get food (steal from the tavern, or fast-talk Snorri into giving you food), so maybe there's other things.

Is there ever a better weapon for the Rogue? The daggers are pretty... puny.

Also, is the Rogue supposed to be able to wield Gram? The game lets you, and she mysteriously pulls a shield out of thin air. I wonder if she can wield the repaired Gram, too?

What are all the uses for the harp? I know you can put the dog to sleep in Munarvagir, and you can put Fenrir to sleep as well, but what else?

How do you escape from Fafnir the Lindwurm if you don't have magic? Do you have to give the chest to him, then steal it back later?

And... how are caltrops useful, exactly? Do you need multiple copies, or will one do you for the entire game?

I don't know how to do Snorri's house. Do you have to get him drunk before breaking into his house? Do you have to wait for him to leave while hiding? If so, there's a glitch with that because if you do any action that would normally get you killed while he's home, the game will experience a crash due to the actor necessary being in a different room entirely.

How do you get the potion in the healer's house? Every time I try to reach for it, no matter my stealth or thievery, it just smashes and I get killed. And none of my items seem to be useful for reaching up and grabbing it without letting it smash(I would think the scarf would do it, but it only gives me a generic comment about how I need the warmth more than the potion does)

How do I steal the eye from Aurvandel? I've tried using the tool from the elf workshop on the chest, but it just gives me another generic comment about how it won't work on it. Picking the lock just gets me eaten. Do I need to use meat on it or something, to "feed the chest"?

What are the various uses for Acrobatics? It mentions tightrope walking in the skill description, but the only thing resembling a tightrope is the log in the thieves guild that lets you practice acrobatics.

...And oil. I've only ever had to use oil for the chest in Sigurd's house, and strangely, I was able to do so through the wall, like my rogue had psychic powers. And then I got a second copy of the left eye. Weird.

I can't think of any other questions I have, I'll probably start a second run of being a Rogue soon now that I know what I'm doing... somewhat.

Thanks in advance, sorry for all the questions.

[Last edited by Zachski at 01-03-2014 03:22 AM]
01-03-2014 at 03:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Honza
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - How to be a good Rogue? (SPOILERS) (0)  
Zachski wrote: I don't know how to do Snorri's house. Do you have to get him drunk before breaking into his house? Do you have to wait for him to leave while hiding? If so, there's a glitch with that because if you do any action that would normally get you killed while he's home, the game will experience a crash due to the actor necessary being in a different room entirely.
Same here, I recently posted a thread about it, I'm curious if there's anything left to discover in Snorri's house. Getting him drunk sounds like a good idea, have you actually tried?

Zachski wrote: How do you get the potion in the healer's house? Every time I try to reach for it, no matter my stealth or thievery, it just smashes and I get killed. And none of my items seem to be useful for reaching up and grabbing it without letting it smash(I would think the scarf would do it, but it only gives me a generic comment about how I need the warmth more than the potion does)
Click here to view the secret text

Zachski wrote: How do I steal the eye from Aurvandel? I've tried using the tool from the elf workshop on the chest, but it just gives me another generic comment about how it won't work on it. Picking the lock just gets me eaten. Do I need to use meat on it or something, to "feed the chest"?

[Last edited by Honza at 01-03-2014 03:54 PM]
01-03-2014 at 03:52 PM
perrilin
Where is the chest in Sigurd's house? That dog is always guarding the door to the back room.

Also, how do you get the shield Gram?
01-03-2014 at 05:00 PM
Honza
perrilin wrote:
Where is the chest in Sigurd's house? That dog is always guarding the door to the back room.

perrilin wrote: Also, how do you get the shield Gram?
Not sure what you mean - there is a shield called Gram?
01-03-2014 at 05:53 PM
Honza
Zachski wrote: I don't know how to do Snorri's house. Do you have to get him drunk before breaking into his house? Do you have to wait for him to leave while hiding? If so, there's a glitch with that because if you do any action that would normally get you killed while he's home, the game will experience a crash due to the actor necessary being in a different room entirely.

I don't think I got any points for it though.

[Last edited by Honza at 01-03-2014 08:33 PM]
01-03-2014 at 08:12 PM
Zachski
Thanks for the advice guys :D

Also, are you supposed to steal the vase and shovel from the shopkeeper in Munarvagir? It means instant game over whenever you go on screen with her, unless you store them somewhere, I presume...

Oh well, it's not like you need to carry either of them around all the time, really.
01-04-2014 at 08:56 AM
Kulran
Zachski wrote:
We know that there are two ways for a Rogue to get food (steal from the tavern, or fast-talk Snorri into giving you food), so maybe there's other things.

Easiest way I found to get food was to kill Varg's in the forest and use your daggers on the corpses, then cook the raw meat you get in a fire.

What are all the uses for the harp? I know you can put the dog to sleep in Munarvagir, and you can put Fenrir to sleep as well, but what else?

How do you escape from Fafnir the Lindwurm if you don't have magic? Do you have to give the chest to him, then steal it back later?

And... how are caltrops useful, exactly? Do you need multiple copies, or will one do you for the entire game?

I actually don't know on this as I'm already past this point and didn't escape him, just killed him, but you could try using caltrops on Fafnir maybe?

[Last edited by Kulran at 01-16-2014 05:27 AM]
01-16-2014 at 05:26 AM
sytsky
Rank Points: 9
Dully
01-16-2014 at 06:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - How to be a good Rogue? (SPOILERS) (Some after the fact questions of mine.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com