Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Solution to Eitri's request for the Runic Stick (finally!) (How to obtain a cat's footfall)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
PicaLudica
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest - Solution to Eitri's request for the Runic Stick (finally!) (0)  
I've figured out one of Eitri's requests: the footfall of a cat. You will need the following:

- A piece of paper
Click here to view the secret text
- Some ink
- A cat

Having ink and paper in your inventory, click the piece of paper on the cat, and you'll get the original footfall of a cat. Very mystical. Eitri will be very impressed (bless his endearingly naive soul).

NOTE: The cat does not need to be in your inventory. You can get his pawprint regardless of whether you're holding him or not.

That puzzle was driving me crazy, I'm glad that's out of the way. ^^; So now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to try my shiny new Runic Stick. :D

[Last edited by PicaLudica at 01-03-2014 03:08 AM]
01-01-2014 at 04:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zachski
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - Solution to Eitri's request for the Runic Stick (finally!) (0)  
That's something I never would've tried in a million years O_O

Thanks a lot for this! I was running around all of Midgard casting Sixth Sense looking for an item I may have missed.

Oh, and I can confirm that it works even if the cat is already returned.

[Last edited by Zachski at 01-01-2014 04:41 AM]
01-01-2014 at 04:39 AM
PicaLudica
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - Solution to Eitri's request for the Runic Stick (finally!) (0)  
Zachski wrote:
Great, thanks! :D How does it work, though? Do you click the piece of paper on the cat, or do you use the ink?
01-01-2014 at 04:45 AM
RogueIce
:facepalm:

I should have realized! I was trying that out, but it said something about ink when I clicked the note on the cat. I did go back to the guildhouse but couldn't figure out how to get ink!

You win the Internets forever, OP! :thumbsup
01-01-2014 at 04:58 AM
Zachski
PicaLudica wrote:
Zachski wrote:
Great, thanks! :D How does it work, though? Do you click the piece of paper on the cat, or do you use the ink?

Maybe either works, I don't know yet.
01-01-2014 at 05:07 AM
v_k
Congrats :thumbsup! I completely forgot about the note (left it in a chest) and never noticed the ink...

[Last edited by v_k at 01-01-2014 08:04 AM]
01-01-2014 at 07:31 AM
bernluk
How do you actually "get" the runic stick? I've given the cat footfall to Eitri, and he's offered the runic stick to me, but it's still sitting in the corner glowing. I tried clicking my hand on the stick, but it's giving me the "generic" room response (i.e. it's not registering that there's an item there).
01-01-2014 at 09:18 AM
Zachski
bernluk wrote:
How do you actually "get" the runic stick? I've given the cat footfall to Eitri, and he's offered the runic stick to me, but it's still sitting in the corner glowing. I tried clicking my hand on the stick, but it's giving me the "generic" room response (i.e. it's not registering that there's an item there).

That's not the runic stick, that's just... a glowy thing :P
01-01-2014 at 09:19 AM
bernluk
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Thanks!
01-01-2014 at 09:25 AM
k2j
PicaLudica wrote:
I've figured out one of Eitri's requests: the footfall of a cat.

Bless you!
01-01-2014 at 10:56 AM
thefriendlyghost
Now, what to do with the Runic Staff?

01-01-2014 at 05:56 PM
RogueIce
thefriendlyghost wrote:
Now, what to do with the Runic Staff?

01-01-2014 at 06:01 PM
PicaLudica
Even though we now have this solution for obtaining the Runic Stick, I'm still very curious about the bear's sinew and the mountain's root. Are those actually obtainable - in a similar fashion to the cat's footfall - or are they red herrings? :)
01-01-2014 at 10:09 PM
Scooter
To take a step back a bit, how do you pick up the cat?

I brought him back to the librarian a fair while ago before I knew I'd need to get his paw print.

Now when I click the hand on him I just pat him.

I've tried every combination of the ink, note, and cat that I can without picking up the cat and none work.

Edit - I'm a warrior with magic abilities

[Last edited by Scooter at 01-02-2014 11:14 PM]
01-02-2014 at 11:08 PM
bjorn
Yuo don't have to pick it up.
01-02-2014 at 11:18 PM
Scooter
Doesn't it need to be in your inventory to make this work?

If I click the ink on the note, or the note on the ink it says "you don't have anything to write right now".

If I click the note or ink on the cat it says "You're not quite finished with the note yet".

Edit: or does that mean I'm supposed to do something else with the note first perhaps.....?

[Last edited by Scooter at 01-02-2014 11:26 PM]
01-02-2014 at 11:21 PM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Sounds like you need to use the note for its original purpose first. The person who gave it to you gave it to you to help you find something.
01-02-2014 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii wrote:
Sounds like you need to use the note for its original purpose first. The person who gave it to you gave it to you to help you find something.
I was a bit confused with this sidequest because the Librarian doesn't repeat it to you, so at some point I forgot what exactly I was actually asked to do with that note. I only managed to do this sidequest in my second playthrough.
01-02-2014 at 11:30 PM
Zachski
I just clicked "look" on the note. I had read the guide in the library that lets you know where everything is, so it mentioned something about how it was all cryptic so I just clicked on the note on the cryptography section of the library.

After that it all sorta fell into place. I didn't even remember that it was a quest from the librarian until after I had obtained the book and the game helpfully informed me that it was the book that the librarian wanted me to find.

Looking at your items in the inventory can be especially helpful.
01-03-2014 at 02:47 AM
cullynthedwarf
too am curious if the other requests are also just red herrings or if you can get them?

i am a rogue with mage ability and no animal friendship to speak of.

the cat will not come out of the tree. so what am i doing wrong?
01-05-2014 at 04:54 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Solution to Eitri's request for the Runic Stick (finally!) (How to obtain a cat's footfall)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com