Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Other Ten Per Cent Submission Topic
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4591
IP: Logged
icon The Other Ten Per Cent Submission Topic (+1)  
Post your awful feature requests here! ;)

12-21-2013 at 10:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4591
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Other Ten Per Cent Submission Topic (+1)  
Ortho-triangles

Ortho-triangles permit movement onto or off them in three directions: for example, N, SW and SE. However, because cos 60° = 1/2, moving at one of the diagonal angles puts you halfway between squares, and you remain halfway between squares until you cancel it out by stepping onto an ortho-triangle diagonally and off it orthogonally (which may be on the very next turn if there are two ortho-triangles touching each other).

So, what fun and crazy things can do you with this?

* Teeter on the very edge of a pit. As long as you are on the edge of a pit tile, you get to watch a continuous teetering animation, accompanied by a suitable grimace from the avatar and melodious groans appropriate for the current player role.
* Step past orthogonal aumtlich beams without being hit. (Do I hear a clamour for this feature to be ported to DROD RPG?)
* Stroll along shoulder-to-shoulder with a mimic. Aww, look, they really do love each other. (Wait, did Beethro just cut the mimic in half? ... I guess that's just how they show love in their culture.)
* Play absolute havoc with wraithwing AI, because we all know it isn't nearly complicated enough.
* Drop two trapdoors at once. Yes. Isn't this the most incredible thing ever? You can drop TWO TRAPDOORS AT ONCE!
* Walk right through the middle of a bomb maze as easily as walking over open floor. Of course, this makes it all the more unexpected when your mimic sets the whole thing off and... okay, I rescind the idea. We don't want any valiant smitemasters dying of a heart attack.

[Last edited by mrimer at 01-07-2014 07:30 PM : removed telltale authorage]
01-02-2014 at 11:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Other Ten Per Cent Submission Topic
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com