Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : ROWROWs hold (First Attempt)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
IP: Logged
icon ROWROWs hold (0)  
My first hold. I dont even know if this works. I know its short and sucks bad and is easy. Comments, but no insulting ones please. I need to know if i'm going in the right direction.

[Edited by rowrow on 08-31-2004 at 02:22 AM GMT]

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:11-10-2004 at 03:51 AM]

08-31-2004 at 02:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
KevG
Rank Points: 333
icon Re: hold (0)  
Your hold looks fantastic, definitely a good start. It is way too easy for a finished hold, but as the start of a multi-level hold it works.

You should, however, go back and look at the rooms in level 1 and see if you can tweak the difficulty up a bit. Not necessarily changing everything, but just look at the rooms and ask yourself if you can make them better. The two rooms you have on level 2 are fine, but you might want to draw a 2 on the floor in the entrance to be consistent with level 1.

The only problems I noted were with 1N on level 1. If you head west from this room before doing the two eastern rooms there's no way to finish the level. On a possibly related note, there's a blank scroll in the room.
08-31-2004 at 03:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
icon Re: hold (+2)  
Here is the edited one.

[Edited by rowrow on 08-31-2004 at 04:06 AM GMT]

[Edited by rowrow on 08-31-2004 at 04:07 AM GMT]

08-31-2004 at 05:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
I worked on it for a day and added a few rooms.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:11-10-2004 at 04:39 AM: Edited]

11-08-2004 at 02:11 AM
rowrow
OK since I have an extra mod point,Whoever PM's me what the content of the 2 weird rooms in the dumb hold first will get a rank point.But you must post for me to give it to you. I only am doing this : A) because I have a spare mod point and B) because I want people to see the hold.

11-09-2004 at 05:30 AM
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: hold (+1)  
rowrow,

It is not a dumb hold. Looking at it, it is something that already takes some shape. I think you should at least try to make some more levels. Level 2 was hard for me, anyway. It took me at least 10 times to finish that snake and goblins room :look (and some times to finish the entrance in level 2.

Look, my first hold also looks terrible. But just don't expect it to be perfect. The best way to make good rooms is to make a lot of rooms. You don't know how many rooms I've made, and how many of them didn't made it into my last hold.

Original ideas are also very hard to find, but you will find them. But it is not important as long as it is fun. (You don't know how many ideas I have "borrowed".)

I do know you have great ideas. 1E in my latest hold was partly based on your sig. :)

Thanks again.

-- Tim

PS. You might want to make the exit in level 2 to lead to (end of hold).

11-09-2004 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
icon Re: hold (+1)  
Tim wrote:
I do know you have great ideas. 1E in my latest hold was partly based on your sig. :)
Thanks again.
-- Tim
I thought of my sig to make it something like you'rs.
PS. You might want to make the exit in level 2 to lead to (end of hold).
I though I made sure to make the stairs lead to where they should.I'll change it in the previous post.

11-10-2004 at 03:56 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: ROWROWs hold (0)  
If you want to see Rowrow's sig, look at Tim's.
If you want to see Tim's sig, look at Rowrow's.

11-11-2004 at 09:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
rowrow wrote:
I thought of my sig to make it something like you'rs.
Well, I'm impressed, but I must say that you have added so much more things on it that I can make a trick out of it. Maybe it is a good idea to "borrow" some of my room layouts and make it better. If you want to do that, I won't mind ;)
RoboBob3000 wrote:
If you want to see Rowrow's sig, look at Tim's.
If you want to see Tim's sig, look at Rowrow's.
Well, what can I say, it certainly did kept you busy :lol

-- Tim

11-13-2004 at 10:40 AM
rowrow
icon Re: ROWROWs hold (+1)  
Added a couple rooms.

11-23-2004 at 05:08 AM
rowrow
Can someone please tell me,how many rooms should a hold be before I submit it to "HOLDS"?Don't say "it's up to you" (me) since I know that but I don't want to put it there if its not ready.

11-24-2004 at 05:18 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
rowrow wrote:
Can someone please tell me,how many rooms should a hold be before I submit it to "HOLDS"?Don't say "it's up to you" (me) since I know that but I don't want to put it there if its not ready.

11-24-2004 at 05:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Are you sure? Perhaps its 6 times 9.
11-24-2004 at 05:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Since mine has 29 I would say it's not ready yet.But I'm working on it.

11-24-2004 at 06:05 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Fool's Errand has around 10 rooms ;)
There's not any rule about minimum number of rooms in a hold.

[Edited by Doom at Local Time:11-24-2004 at 07:32 AM]
11-24-2004 at 07:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
It has been moved to holds

11-25-2004 at 02:49 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : ROWROWs hold (First Attempt)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com