Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Vampire Bats
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Neather man
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 6
IP: Logged
icon Vampire Bats (+1)  
Vampire Bats move like an NPC with "move to player" (goes around 1x1 obstacles), and after 5 turns turn into vampires, which are purple haired citizens with blue replacing gray. The Vampire humans move around 1x1 obstacles also. After another 5 turns Vampire humans turn back into bats. The cycle repeats.

This can be used so that you guide a bat through a maze, but give it a rest stop to turn into human form. Any other puzzle potentials you can think about tell me.

Vampire bats look like red Wraithwings.

[Last edited by Neather man at 03-03-2013 11:03 PM]
03-03-2013 at 11:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
IP: Logged
icon Re: Vampire Bats (+1)  
So basically, they're flying, sub-goblins (ie don't avoid your sword, but not quite as dumb as roaches)?

I'm not sure I see what extra features they would bring to the guide-the-monster-through-the-maze genre puzzles. The landing/flying bit is different, but I expect that you won't be able to get much out of it since they switch every 5 moves and mazes usually require running from one side to the other which requires more than 5 moves. I suppose you could create a maze where the "walls" are actually pits, but it seems like it would be too trivial to solve by just waiting for bat mode and pulling the bat across to Beethro.

The flying and landing part is kind of interesting. Do they die if they have to land on a pit? That could make for some interesting puzzles. If they have some new way to be pushed as well as just pulled (ie like goblins who move towards you but avoid your sword, or wraithwings who move towards you but stay a certain distance away), that might make them more interesting.

Also, we have mirrors in DROD, and vampires (traditionally) don't have reflections, so perhaps some sort of interaction with mirrors could be worked out. For example, maybe vampires avoid crossing between two mirrors which are in a line, and if caught between two mirrors, they die, or are trapped or switch to bat mode or something.

[Last edited by stigant at 03-04-2013 01:53 PM]
03-04-2013 at 01:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Vampire Bats
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes