Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Return to Dugan's Dungeon (My tribute to Dugan's Dungeon Revisited)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
brian_s
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 587
IP: Logged

File: Return to Dugans Dungeon.hold (21.5 KB)
Downloaded 51 times.
License: Other
icon Return to Dugan's Dungeon (+1)  
I really enjoyed Dugan's Dungeon Revisited, so I decided to make my own hold by mutating some of the levels in KDD. I am hoping this remake is good enough for the holds board.

I remade levels 10, 11, 13 and 17 in my hold. There is also a fifth level I made from room ideas I had.

Any comments on improving the rooms are appreciated. Have fun and enjoy!

[Edited by brian_s on 08-26-2004 at 12:19 PM GMT: Fixed room problems.]

[Edited by brian_s on 08-29-2004 at 12:56 PM GMT: Fixed room problems.]

[Edited by brian_s on 08-29-2004 at 01:04 PM GMT: Uploaded wrong hold.]

[Edited by brian_s on 08-30-2004 at 12:37 PM GMT: Fixed and changed rooms.]

[Edited by brian_s on 09-01-2004 at 04:05 PM GMT: Changed rooms.]
08-25-2004 at 01:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Return to Dugan's Dungeon (0)  
Is level 11 : 1S 1E impossible?
I can't find a way to get past tar in right section of the room.
08-25-2004 at 04:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Is The Entrance in your last level possible?
I don't seem to be able to kill the snake that is nearest to Beethro.

Oh, and I agree with Doom about level 11: 1S1E, it is missing some tar on the SE corner.

08-26-2004 at 12:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
brian_s
icon Re: Return to Dugan's Dungeon (+1)  
I made fixes to Level 11 1S1E and The Uncharted Passage Entrance. The new hold is uploaded. Please let me know if these solved the problems and if there are any more problems.
08-26-2004 at 01:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
If you don't mind, I've only tested the UP level only ;)

UP Entrance: The red door cannot be dropped. At least not by me.
UP 2E (the 2 goblins + snake room): Do you intend to have me kill the snake with the goblin? I can finish the room even if I kill the goblins in the first part. If you leave this room by the north exit, you can't go back to the entrance.

By the way, that moving roach picture rocks!!!

[Edited by Tim on 08-28-2004 at 09:05 PM GMT]
08-28-2004 at 10:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226

File: RtKDD Lv13.hold (3.7 KB)
Downloaded 35 times.
License: Other
Level 13 is impossible unless there's a crumby wall I haven't noticed. See the attached hold. All accessable areas are filled with trapdoors.
08-29-2004 at 06:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
brian_s
Doom: Level 13 is fixed, I found those myself yesterday.

Tim: For UP 2E: My intention is to kill the snake with the two goblins, can you give me a demo where you did not do that.
08-29-2004 at 02:00 PM
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
icon Re: Return to Dugan's Dungeon (+1)  
UP Ent: Unless there is a crumbly wall I missed, it is definitely impossible to drop the red door. There's only one square you can start the mimic. Once you get to the third arrow, either choice of path will leave a section that is impossible to collapse without trapping the mimic. That means there is no way to collapse all of the trapdoors in the third snake track before advancing to the fourth.

UP 2E: I assume the mimic is supposed to be used to trigger the orb with the arrow pointing at it. However, if you use the mimic to kill the snake, you don't need to hit this orb. You could fix this problem by switching the door the mimic's orb opens with the door the one by it opens.

UP 1N2E: Did you know it's possible to kill all of the goblins without using the tar to trap them?
08-29-2004 at 02:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Thanks Kev!

Guess I don't need to reply to brian then. (Anyway, I don't know how to make a demo if it is not possible to go there normally. If someone knows how to do that, please tell me.)
08-29-2004 at 02:21 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Tim wrote:
Thanks Kev!

Guess I don't need to reply to brian then. (Anyway, I don't know how to make a demo if it is not possible to go there normally. If someone knows how to do that, please tell me.)
Press F5 to begin recording, then press F5 again when you're done. Or, go to Settings and turn on "automatically record a demo when you conquer a room"

08-29-2004 at 04:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
brian_s
I made some changes to several rooms in level 17 and The Uncharted Passage. If anyone wants to comment on rooms in those levels, please make sure you have the current version I uploaded today.

Rooms edited:
L13: Entrance
L17: 1W, 1N2W, 2N1W, 1E, 1S1E
UP: 2W, 1N2W
08-30-2004 at 01:41 PM
Martian 47
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
brian_s, you've got a moving avatar. How come?

08-30-2004 at 02:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
I like the new version of 1N2E better than the old one. However, I'm not sure what the intended way of solving it is. It's possible to kill all of the goblins and the brain before the tar mother reaches down to the row of pillars. On the other hand it's also possible to let the tar trap the goblins and then kill everything. The second way is considerably more difficult than the first.
08-30-2004 at 02:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
My avatar moves too. You need to use an animated gif file if you want motion.

08-30-2004 at 03:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
brian_s
This should be my last update to this hold before I release it to the Holds board. Every room is in its final version. I would like to thank everyone for their input so far. If anyone finds any problems, please let me know so I can correct them before I submit this to the Holds board.
09-01-2004 at 05:09 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Return to Dugan's Dungeon (My tribute to Dugan's Dungeon Revisited)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com