Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Palace of the travels (Swordless puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
komachi
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 158
IP: Logged

File: Palace of the travel.hold (29.6 KB)
Downloaded 55 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Palace of the travels (+2)  
Hi, this is my second hold that i've updated here.
Hope you have fun.

Version 8-12-12

EDIT5: Descriptions of the levels changes(thanks to larrymurk), and fix impossible room of swordless 3N 1E.
EDIT6: fixed the problems that Someone discovered. Also remove some potions of Priceless 2S 2W.
EDIT7: last version, added a post-conquered level.
EDIT8: changed the rooms of flawless except 1N and the entrance of the hold.
EDIT9: Last version, only I can edit the hold.

[Last edited by komachi at 12-08-2012 12:36 AM]
09-11-2012 at 02:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
komachi
icon Re: Palace of the travels (0)  
New version, the changes are in the first post.
10-19-2012 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
komachi
Hi again, i've finished the third level, problably more fun than the others.
Also i've put shorcut if anyone wanna test another level (although anyone can edit and play any room in the editor)
The next time, i will add the fourth and last level.
11-09-2012 at 12:06 PM
komachi
Hello everyone, i have ended the hold.

I've change the name of the third level, also try fix the unintended solution of harmless 1N.

Also have the final version of the hold that problably going to submit to HA in 2-3 weeks (time enough think, for anyone who want play and test the new level). If anyone need more time or just not submit yet tell me.

Finally i would like some opinion about the dificult of the hold, since I play/test alone all the rooms i don't sure about how much brains got it :? .

Hope you like the new level, and the hold!. Have a nice game!.
11-29-2012 at 05:50 PM
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
Yikes, I'm sorry to see you haven't received any feedback yet.

Unfortunately, it is too hard for me so I can't really give you any comments regarding the puzzles:(

I'd suggest you ask someone to edit all your text as the English is not all correct. Tell me if you'd like me to help or you might ask others who are better.

Good luck with this hold, it looks like you worked hard making tough puzzles.
11-29-2012 at 07:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
komachi
Thanks for the answer, I`d appreciate if you(or someone) can edit the text, make it more easy for read.
Also apologize with my bad English :( .
11-29-2012 at 07:19 PM
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 623
Urgh, I sadly have to agree with Larry, these rooms are really though (it' a good thing). I'd give an 8.5 to difficulty. I tried almost all of them and I only did the first part of each room, after that it was too hard for me, but those puzzle are really neat!
About the aesthetic is really really cool I think there is no problem with that.

11-29-2012 at 07:22 PM
Suwako
Rank Points: 145
The dificult of the hold is really insane,I would put about 8,5/9. I can't pass from the first room at the end, where you have to activate 2 plates.

I already corrected you some writing errors.

In the last level in 3N 1E you don't drop the red trapdoors, so just put another plate that don't involve the puzzle to do it. I miss a checkpoint on 3N.

In harmless 3N 1E you can't put the decoy anywhere.

Good luck to anyone who tries to conquer this hold.

[Last edited by Suwako at 11-29-2012 07:48 PM]
11-29-2012 at 07:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: Palace of the travels (+1)  
Ok, I've attached a copy of your hold with my edits.

Edited begin and exit hold text. Also level entry texts. Scrolls seemed mostly fine. Didn't see any character speech.

Edit: I'm removing the attached hold. I assume you had a chance to download it already and it's probably better not to leave it up and confuse people. If you still need it just tell me and I can attach it again for you.

[Last edited by larrymurk at 11-30-2012 02:09 PM]
11-29-2012 at 08:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
icon Re: Palace of the travels (+1)  
I'm not on architecture much, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this.
Beat level 1. It seems to get easier near the end, but maybe that's just because I'm getting into the rhythm.

In Harmless: 1W, what's the point of the guard in the NW corner?

In Priceless: 1S, you can stand at 20,3 with the goblin at 22,5 and not have to move.
2S: Fegundos don't depress pressure plates, so the two on the west side seem rather pointless. In addition, you can just send the fegundo in to the east portion to fight the guards for you, without worrying about the time limit (or, for that matter, just place the clone by the door and not worry about the time limit that way).
2S2W: Incidentally, this is possible with 2 potions. Maybe even with one.
1W: I especially liked this one. Quite clever!
Otherwise, I thought this was most enjoyable!

[Last edited by Someone Else at 11-30-2012 12:44 AM]
11-29-2012 at 09:43 PM
komachi
Thanks to all!.

Let's see, in harmless 1W the guard of sw corner, intentionally must follow you and activate one plate for open one door, but i went from the other side and i can't activate both plates, and i forgot change the room. I will fix both problems.

In priceless 1S, I knew this trick, I will not modified the room, because i tested it changing several times the open space and was too hard for me conquer it.

2S priceless,I will fix this problem adding a tunnel.

2S2W, really??, i don't know how much decoys are needed for conquer the room. I think that i will remove some potions.

Finally, i think that the first level is the hardest, so i not sure if i should change the order of levels.

Thanks someone for playtesting my hold and finding those problems. And also everyone, i'm very happy knowing that you play my hold.

[Last edited by komachi at 11-30-2012 10:02 AM]
11-30-2012 at 10:02 AM
komachi
New version, this problably is the final version that i'm going to update to HA. I have added a post-conquered level that I hope it's fun.

PD: i've put the exit of swordless 1N as the only secret room of the whole hold.
12-03-2012 at 12:30 PM
komachi
Another update.
I have fixed an unintended solution of flawless 1E.(can put the clone in the room with the sword/less token and the fuses before)
Changed the 1S of flawless, now it's more hard.
Changed 1W of flawless, making more interesting.
Changed the entrance of the hold.
And mend the scroll of the 1S swordless(might).

The first time that i've do rooms with citizens and titles, so i'm not too good with them but I hope that the rooms are fun :P .
12-04-2012 at 09:48 PM
komachi
Last update, going to upload to HA. Edit privileges changed to "only you".
12-08-2012 at 12:35 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Palace of the travels (Swordless puzzles)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com