Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Slay'n time (Slayer murdering increasing in difficulty)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Red-XIII
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 647
IP: Logged

File: Slayn time.hold (6.2 KB)
Downloaded 53 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Slay'n time (0)  
Hi all. Probably it's gonna be hard handle all these hold I'm building (another one for JTRH is on the way) but since in 3 weeks the time I'll have for DroD it's gonna be very limited I must build as much as I can.
This is a little hold of 3 levels (only 2 of them are completed, for the third one I need ideas I still don't have) in which you have to kill in every room the slayer. I don't know if something like this has already done before but I had some ideas of how to kill him. Since it's not considered a monster you can simply run away but I made it not possible, but I'm sure there is a loophole. Anyway I hope you'll enjoy killing the slayer :)
P.S there is no backtrack in these levels, the only way to continue is going ahead, there are no crossroads.
The hold is for TCB 3.3

EDIT: new version with scripts

[Last edited by Red-XIII at 09-14-2012 10:04 AM]
09-07-2012 at 11:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Vladilav
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 82
icon Re: Slay'n time (0)  
Red-XIII wrote:
Hi all. Probably it's gonna be hard handle all these hold I'm building (another one for JTRH is on the way) but since in 3 weeks the time I'll have for DroD it's gonna be very limited I must build as much as I can.
This is a little hold of 3 levels (only 2 of them are completed, for the third one I need ideas I still don't have) in which you have to kill in every room the slayer. I don't know if something like this has already done before but I had some ideas of how to kill him. Since it's not considered a monster you can simply run away but I made it not possible, but I'm sure there is a loophole. Anyway I hope you'll enjoy killing the slayer :)
P.S there is no backtrack in these levels, the only way to

continue is going ahead, there are no crossroads.
The hold is for TCB 3.3

http://vk.com/away.php?to=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.caravelgames.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3FTopicID%3D30782%26page%3D0%23303266.. here are a few ideas about the murder sleyers
09-07-2012 at 12:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Oh, so a hold like that already exist, in this case sorry if I stole the idea.
Anyway, the way he used to kill the slayer is simply awesome...

09-07-2012 at 12:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Shendy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 132
Anyways, I think that you should continue with this hold. One suggestion: Can't you just use a script on the door with a "Wait while Entity" command, which opens the door when all slayers are killed?
09-07-2012 at 04:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Shendy wrote:
Anyways, I think that you should continue with this hold. One suggestion: Can't you just use a script on the door with a "Wait while Entity" command, which opens the door when all slayers are killed?
I thought about that but I never used a script and I have no idea of how to do it and where to do it :(

09-07-2012 at 04:57 PM
Red-XIII
Level 3 finished except for the last slayer ( I have to think a nice and hard way to kill him).
Also I need to learn how to use script or yuo can simply run away and don't kill anyone, is there a special topic in the forum where I can learn scripts?

09-08-2012 at 01:52 PM
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
I've never attempted to make a hold, but I have seen something about scripting in the ingame help. It's probably available in JtRH and newer.

I got as far as Level 2, 2N but I keep getting a tar baby spawning before I can kill the mother. My usual lack of efficiency letting me down. :)
09-10-2012 at 12:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Red-XIII
bandit1200 wrote:
I've never attempted to make a hold, but I have seen something about scripting in the ingame help. It's probably available in JtRH and newer.
I see I'll look there :)

I got as far as Level 2, 2N but I keep getting a tar baby spawning before I can kill the mother. My usual lack of efficiency letting me down. :)

Well I don't know how you are solving this room but 2N needs no efficiency, also you might
Click here to view the secret text

09-10-2012 at 11:20 AM
bandit1200
Red-XIII wrote:
Well I don't know how you are solving this room but 2N needs no efficiency, also you might

Yeah, I did that immediately after I posted here, however I didn't manage to kill the slayers, so I just left. BTW, there's a difference between a room needing efficiency and me being inefficient. ;)
09-10-2012 at 04:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Red-XIII
bandit1200 wrote:
Yeah, I did that immediately after I posted here, however I didn't manage to kill the slayers, so I just left. BTW, there's a difference between a room needing efficiency and me being inefficient. ;)

I see :) In this case try the other rooms, if you clear the other rooms and go back on this one you'll definitely kill the slayers :)
By the way I'm trying to use scripts but still I need some time, so I will first finish to build the hold and then I'll learn the main scripts and add them.

09-10-2012 at 04:32 PM
Red-XIII
After crushing my head on the keyboard I finally figured out how to make the script I needed. Mabye it could have be done differently but I tested all rooms in this way and it looks like it works. I also changed many rooms and made them a little harder. Please let me know if there are any mistakes in the scripts and in the level. About backtracking it should be ok since there is none; even if the slayers come back alive there's no risk to be stucked.

09-13-2012 at 11:11 AM
bandit1200
Level 3, 1W. The yellow doors opened before I killed all the slayers.

Level 3, 1N1W. Yellow doors didn't open after slayers were killed.
09-13-2012 at 10:37 PM
Red-XIII
bandit1200 wrote:
Level 3, 1W. The yellow doors opened before I killed all the slayers.

Level 3, 1N1W. Yellow doors didn't open after slayers were killed.

Ok I fixed both; looks like I forgot some details :)
Thanks.

09-14-2012 at 10:03 AM
bandit1200
I know this hold is all about slaying slayers, but it just doesn't feel right leaving other monsters alive. Level 2, 1N is the room I am thinking about.

I could do with a couple of tips on the last level. 1N, I can kill the slayer but don't know how to kill the brain so I can exit the room. 2E, got no idea how to kill the slayer here. I assumed I should get him to kill himself, but I can't manage to do that.
09-14-2012 at 01:45 PM
Red-XIII
bandit1200 wrote:
I know this hold is all about slaying slayers, but it just doesn't feel right leaving other monsters alive. Level 2, 1N is the room I am thinking about.

You know I thought a lot too; the fact is that this is the only way I found to prevent easy solutions; the only purpose in 1N level 2 is to kill the slayer by trapping him in the tar-gel-mud; if you find a better way to keep the intended solution and kill also the monsters I'll modify it.

I could do with a couple of tips on the last level. 1N, I can kill the slayer but don't know how to kill the brain so I can exit the room. 2E, got no idea how to kill the slayer here. I assumed I should get him to kill himself, but I can't manage to do that.

On 1N you might

About 2E I can tell you that

If you want to know the solution just ask :)

09-14-2012 at 02:07 PM
bandit1200
Red-XIII wrote:
bandit1200 wrote:

You know I thought a lot too; the fact is that this is the only way I found to prevent easy solutions; the only purpose in 1N level 2 is to kill the slayer by trapping him in the tar-gel-mud; if you find a better way to keep the intended solution and kill also the monsters I'll modify it.

It's fine as it is because we know the hold is all about the slayers. It just doesn't 'feel' right leaving with something left alive. :)

On 1N you might
Heh, I spent so much time making only one move on each square,
:?

About 2E I can tell you that

And I just realised what that purpose is. :)

BTW, Level 3, 1N, the yellow door opens as soon as the slayer moves.

edit: Something changed in Level 3, 1E. The first yellow door gets closed when caught by the wisps in the top left part of the room.

[Last edited by bandit1200 at 09-14-2012 05:14 PM]
09-14-2012 at 04:28 PM
Red-XIII

File: Slayn time.hold (6.3 KB)
Downloaded 55 times.
License: Public Domain
BTW, Level 3, 1N, the yellow door opens as soon as the slayer moves.

edit: Something changed in Level 3, 1E. The first yellow door gets closed when caught by the wisps in the top left part of the room.
Damn my mouse sometimes it does not work as I hope. I fixed the script in level 3 1N.
About 1E you're right; I changed the area of the script so the action went to all the slayers. I prefered to divide that room in 2 rooms instead of changing again the script. At least now it's more beautiful to look, before it was the chaos xD
I also made it possible in level 2 to kill tar mother and brain but monsters will probably always remain stucked in the arrows so I don't know what else to do :)

09-14-2012 at 07:16 PM
bandit1200
I obviously didn't click send on Friday. :) I finished the hold without anymore problems.
09-16-2012 at 11:00 AM
Red-XIII
bandit1200 wrote:
I obviously didn't click send on Friday. :) I finished the hold without anymore problems.

That's nice, Thanks :)

09-16-2012 at 11:16 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Slay'n time (Slayer murdering increasing in difficulty)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com