Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Look! Links! (For posting cool links for all to see)
<<3456
Page 7 of 56
891011>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Enigmatologist
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
IP: Logged
icon Re: Look! Links! (0)  
Garfield Randomizer

Current favorite creation: "I love this time of year. And it appears to be loosening. With onions."

01-31-2006 at 02:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
icon Re: Look! Links! (+2)  
Jimmy!

Just be like me and read all of the Jimmy comics. They're really funny for some reason. O_o

For example:

Yeah. Good stuff there.
01-31-2006 at 03:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
02-05-2006 at 01:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Rabscuttle wrote:
From the Onion.
heh.
Oh man, that's funny. Especially the last paragraph.

-Erik :lol

02-05-2006 at 02:56 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
icon Re: Look! Links! (+1)  
The Art of Puzzle Design

02-06-2006 at 05:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Also on the topic of puzzles,
The Sequence Test!

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 02-07-2006 03:57 AM]
02-07-2006 at 03:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
These 2 articles are just too cool:

Mind Control Parasites in Half of All Humans
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060211/sc_space/mindcontrolbyparasites

Videogaming Keeps the Brain From Aging Take that, granny !!
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060209.wxbrains09/BNStory/Science/home

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
02-12-2006 at 10:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
cheese obsessive
http://www.youtube.com/w/Myspace-The-Movie?v=CZcpYomtNAI&search=myspace%20movie

It's myspace - the movie! If you know about myspace, you will probably find this hilarious. If you don't know myspace, you might probably still find it funny. O_o
02-13-2006 at 01:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Videogaming Keeps the Brain From Aging

Ha! That's just another way of saying videogames keep you stupid.

02-13-2006 at 04:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
Tee hee. Look at this list and tell me what you see.

Sokoban Games

Also, this series of pages is rather funny.

Tolkien Sarcasm

02-16-2006 at 12:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Why is DROD a Sokoban game? :huh
02-16-2006 at 01:54 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
For all you college sports fans: Longhorn Nation. It's built on the same software as RoosterTeeth.com is, except it's mostly about college life and sports. Also gives you a place to blog and post images and such. You can use the basic features for free, but you get all kinds of cool stuff for $5/mo, which is actually pretty standard for much worse put together sites. It's currently a budding community, with about 660 active accounts. If you're in to college sports, or just want another place to hang out, it's a very cool place.

02-17-2006 at 06:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Ezlo wrote:
Why is DROD a Sokoban game? :huh
It's not; you cannot push anything, and the only thing that can be dragged is Halph.

Obviously the person who said that DROD is like Sokoban is clearly mistaken, and indeed, there have been many debates over DROD and Sokoban in the past. All of them have had the outcome that we all pretty much think DROD is very different from Sokoban, and that it should stay that way to preserve the game's originality.

02-17-2006 at 09:24 PM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
agaricus5 wrote: ...you cannot push anything, and the only thing that can be dragged is Halph...
You *can* push anything, they just won't move. And you can drag just about anything too, except for brains, mothers and roach queens. And the JtRH compact disk comes in a box!

You can push and drag and it has boxes involved, no wonder they thought it's a Sokoban game.

02-18-2006 at 09:42 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Enigmatologist wrote:
Garfield Randomizer

Current favorite creation: "I love this time of year. And it appears to be loosening. With onions."

...Somebody try that now. It appears to have changed.
02-19-2006 at 03:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
If you can read it (which admittedly is kind of irritating), they got a cease and desist letter. It looks like the code in the box is how you can just do it yourself.
02-19-2006 at 04:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
The Pi Record

Still impressive, though.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 02-20-2006 01:36 AM]
02-19-2006 at 10:22 PM
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
I happened across this while searching google for something a few weeks ago and found a ton of interesting videos instead. http://www.apollopony.net/

Highly recommended on that page is the link to The Powers of 10 (.mov file), the 1968 IBM film by Charles and Ray Eames which looks at the universe in scales of a range 10^24 meters down to 10^-16 meters.

The Frank Zappa from an 1986 episode of Crossfire talking about the congressional hearings on obscene music is well worth the download. Plus there's tons of other odds and ends, with an eclectic range of music. Almost all the videos are work and/or kid safe, although I'll warn you the Winnebago Man video (while hilarious) is filled with obscenities.

02-20-2006 at 09:21 PM
cheese obsessive
Sorry...I have the strong urge to show this, because my brother and his friend are really goofy. Enjoy.

"The trafficone 8000!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBjN3C6JFPg&eurl=

[Last edited by cheese obsessive at 02-21-2006 04:39 PM : linky didn't work or something. ._.]
02-21-2006 at 04:35 PM
Chalks
Rank Points: 267
not very child friendly. Well, it has some language in it anyway.

this particular comic strip made me laugh.

a lot.
Ctrl+Alt+Del comic strip

edit: oh, and this quote: "The depth of your jealousy concerning my leetness astounds even me."

[Last edited by Chalks at 02-25-2006 12:15 AM]
02-25-2006 at 12:14 AM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
02-25-2006 at 01:25 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
trick wrote:
na naaa, nananana na na, na naa na nana naaaa ..
I (gasp) never played this game. How in the world does it work?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
02-25-2006 at 06:34 AM
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
I think of it as a fast paced action RPG, with a sort of glue ball thing chasing a kings head, collecting powerups (only those it's big enough to take on) Quite insane, but very satisfying to play.
02-25-2006 at 10:43 AM
trick
mrimer wrote:
trick wrote:
na naaa, nananana na na, na naa na nana naaaa ..
I (gasp) never played this game. How in the world does it work?
It's basically a simplified 2D version of Katamari Damacy, except you don't control the katamaris (that's the sticky balls) directly (in stead, they just follow your cursor). I'm guessing you haven't played the Katamari games ? (I've only got (and !) "We Katamari", as the first one ("Katamari Damacy") never got released in Europe, but I think the gameplay is pretty much the same in both.)

It goes like this: As the Prince, the aim of the game is for you to populate the Cosmos with planets and stars, as your father, the King of All Cosmos, accidentally destroyed everything (some stars were created in "Katamari Damacy", but in "We Katamari" we learn that making some more would be good). You do this by rolling up huge katamari balls (obviously) that the King can pop up there after the people you roll them for give them to him after their inevitable naïve disappointment in your abilities. If you've completed a level before, you can also choose to have the King make stardust out of the katamari by having him blast it to pieces with his eyes.

Anyway, the gameplay is all rolling katamaris (using both analog sticks on the PS2 controller simultaneously, without any buttons -- great control scheme). A katamari is basically just a sticky ball. Anything (really anything) that's smaller than your katamari that it touches will stick to the katamari. Of course, when objects (and, er, other things) stick to your katamari, this makes the katamari bigger, so you can roll up even bigger things. And so on.

All levels can be done either alone or by cooperating with someone else (two people controlling the same katamari, can be great fun), and there's also some versus levels. Depending on the level, you may be asked to reach a certain size as fast as possible, or make the katamari as large as possible within a given time limit, or sometimes other things. If you win, everyone is relatively happy (or at least just mildly disappointed) and the King does his thing with the Cosmos-popping and that. If you fail .. well, you don't want to fail.

Sounds pretty simple, doesn't it ? It is! It's also great fun (much more fun than that flash game :)). (Also, the game's got this unique athmosphere that really has to be experienced.)

- Gerry

[Last edited by trick at 02-25-2006 06:27 PM]
02-25-2006 at 06:05 PM
Chalks
ok, I want to say this befor I post the following link... I am NOT in any weird sect, or believe ANYTHING about this site. However, I found this link *extremely* amusing. Also, it rates http://forum.caravelgames.com as "28% evil, 72% good"...so, that's good.

check it out:
strange, but funny

edit: interestingly enough, the school I'm going to go to in the fall (Purdue University) had it's website rated as 69% evil, 31% good.... hmmm

edit2: contrary to popular belief, http://www.billgates.com is 80% good.

edit3: my brother just walked up to me and said: "where the heck do you find all these creepy, weird, websites? you're completely mad!". So I kicked him.

ok, I'm done now. :)

[Last edited by Chalks at 02-27-2006 01:47 AM]
02-27-2006 at 01:29 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Homokaasu is well known to anyone who's spent time at the Kill Everyone Project.

It's, well, it's a poser. It has a very confrontational sort of humour, but really it's just a big softie. Kind of like a Norwegian Billy Connolly.

02-27-2006 at 02:37 AM
trick
I'm gonna get you while you sleep, man.

Also: Kitten War!

- Gerry
02-27-2006 at 02:45 AM
Chalks
Mattcrampy wrote:
Homokaasu is well known to anyone who's spent time at the Kill Everyone Project.

It's, well, it's a poser. It has a very confrontational sort of humour, but really it's just a big softie. Kind of like a Norwegian Billy Connolly.
Maybe I LIKE norwegian billy connolly!

wait...who's that?
02-27-2006 at 03:42 AM
Pinnacle
The Big Red Button (tm)

Yay for mindless fun.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 02-27-2006 04:27 AM]
02-27-2006 at 04:26 AM
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
Chalks wrote:
ok, I want to say this befor I post the following link... I am NOT in any weird sect, or believe ANYTHING about this site. However, I found this link *extremely* amusing. Also, it rates http://forum.caravelgames.com as "28% evil, 72% good"...so, that's good.

http://drod.caravelgames.com is 83% evil, 17% good
http://www.caravelgames.com is 50% evil, 50% good
http://www.drod.net is 1% evil, 99% good
;)
02-27-2006 at 10:29 AM
<<3456
Page 7 of 56
891011>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Look! Links! (For posting cool links for all to see)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com