Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : monster ideas
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
pandarius5000
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon monster ideas (+1)  
A couple ideas I would like to see in drod:
1. wraith dragon: It is the size of rock giant. It counts as 4 wraithwings so if stabbed will become three and for counts as 4 for courage in wraithwings.

2. Tarnagers/mudolescents/gelateens:2 by 2 blobs of a tarstuff tha move around but when directly next to a similar tarstuff it will combine with it. They also do not grow when a tarstuff mother is in the room as they do not losten to their mothers.

3. Akandian mirror knights: former akandian soldiers who have the plague. their armor acts as a mirror and will become one once the knight is killed. the knight is killed by stabbing him from the front. also when they cannot kill beethro but will give him the plague. the plague causes him to sheath his sword and move and not be attacked by monsters, but beethro will not always listen to the commands and will move a different way. the plague will wear off because the very presence of monsters puts reflexes into motion, giving you control of beethro again. once tge sword is back out, monsters will notice you again.

4. inventory screen/tools: beethro (as an experienced smitemaster) should have tools he can use to stun enemies (something similar to aumtlich ray), walk on all types of water, etc. These tools should be accessible through an inventory screen screen. the tools howerever should take the place of beethro's sword and switching tools/sword should take up a move.

These are currently the ideas that I have please tell me what you think of them.

09-02-2012 at 08:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 623
icon Re: monster ideas (0)  
pandarius5000 wrote:
A couple ideas I would like to see in drod:
1. wraith dragon: It is the size of rock giant. It counts as 4 wraithwings so if stabbed will become three and for counts as 4 for courage in wraithwings.

2. Tarnagers/mudolescents/gelateens:2 by 2 blobs of a tarstuff tha move around but when directly next to a similar tarstuff it will combine with it. They also do not grow when a tarstuff mother is in the room as they do not losten to their mothers.

3. Akandian mirror knights: former akandian soldiers who have the plague. their armor acts as a mirror and will become one once the knight is killed. the knight is killed by stabbing him from the front. also when they cannot kill beethro but will give him the plague. the plague causes him to sheath his sword and move and not be attacked by monsters, but beethro will not always listen to the commands and will move a different way. the plague will wear off because the very presence of monsters puts reflexes into motion, giving you control of beethro again. once tge sword is back out, monsters will notice you again.

4. inventory screen/tools: beethro (as an experienced smitemaster) should have tools he can use to stun enemies (something similar to aumtlich ray), walk on all types of water, etc. These tools should be accessible through an inventory screen screen. the tools howerever should take the place of beethro's sword and switching tools/sword should take up a move.

These are currently the ideas that I have please tell me what you think of them.

I like the 1) and I really like 2). 2) exspecially might be very interesting because you can build rooms in which you have to manipulate them to do interesting things and so on, they don't attack right?
About 1) it's nice but I don't see many interesting ways to use it (at least me).
About 3) and 4) personally I don't like them, they might be cool on DroD RPG because those are things that are usually there.
P.S. I'm interested in 2), tell me more details :D

09-03-2012 at 04:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
pandarius5000
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
So far I am thinking that for 2): Their movement would most likely be similar to wubbas or to rock giants. Currently the only idea for how they are spawned is a 2 by 2 square of babies merging together. Maybe you will have something in the room (like a brain, for example) that will cause them to converge every time they come into such a formation or you would have to add something to scripting which would set if that would happen or not. I don't think they would attack but they might be able to. 4) I could see used in another normal drod game (maybe starring tendry). If it were tendry (or maybe 1 of his students then the tools might make sense). 3) I see why you don't like it. Though i think at some point beethro should get the akandian plague and get pulled out of it by roach hunger and urge to clear the room.

09-04-2012 at 02:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 623
pandarius5000 wrote:
So far I am thinking that for 2): Their movement would most likely be similar to wubbas or to rock giants. Currently the only idea for how they are spawned is a 2 by 2 square of babies merging together. Maybe you will have something in the room (like a brain, for example) that will cause them to converge every time they come into such a formation or you would have to add something to scripting which would set if that would happen or not. I don't think they would attack but they might be able to.

The wubba movements sounds good! About the spawning, you can simply put them already in the final form or (as you said and I like it) another monster (not the brain) that transform all tar babies (if allineated) in tar. Of course I talk about tar but it would be the same as for mud and gel.
This is the idea I had from your idea :) of course you created it and my thought is just an advice.

[Last edited by mrimer at 09-05-2012 03:50 PM]
09-04-2012 at 10:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
xitvono
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
I'd like to add an idea for a monster: steel golem: when killed, it turns into a pile of metal, which reflects aumtlich beams. Also, it's tougher than rock golems, so it takes 2 hits to kill it. The first hit stuns it so you won't be killed on that turn.
09-21-2012 at 03:48 AM
Trickster
Rank Points: 662
pandarius5000 wrote:
Aren't brained wings enough? :P
pandarius5000 wrote:
This is interesting! But I mostly want to see this happen for the god-awful puns.
pandarius5000 wrote:
This seems over-complicated to me. And you don't want to use the actual "plague" because that has a fairly particular canon meaning which is inconsistent with this description.
pandarius5000 wrote:
You can do this in 4.0 already with the Command feature, if you like.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

09-24-2012 at 12:57 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : monster ideas
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com