Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : music
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
spiderlady
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon music (0)  
this site should have music playing.

[Edited by spiderlady on 08-20-2004 at 05:11 AM GMT]

08-20-2004 at 06:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: music (0)  
No, it shouldn't. There are few things a website can do that are more annoying than music.

08-20-2004 at 06:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
spiderlady
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
eytanz wrote:
No, it shouldn't. There are few things a website can do that are more annoying than music.
if you don't like the music you can just turn the speakers off.

08-20-2004 at 06:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
No, I can't.

When I'm at home, I use the speakers to play other music.
When I'm at work, I need to keep the speakers on for work-related applications.

Either way, having music play from the site would be highly problematic for me. Not to mention that it would also slow the site down.

08-20-2004 at 07:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
spiderlady wrote:
eytanz wrote:
if you don't like the music you can just turn the speakers off.
If you want music, you can run winamp in the background while you browse the forum.

The website used to have music, actually. It doesn't any more, and as long as I have any say in it, it will continue to be silent. :)
Nothing will drive me away from a website more quickly than it deciding I want to listen to some music.

08-20-2004 at 07:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: music (+1)  
Oh come on, how can an hour and a half of the two bit music from Legend of Zelda possibly be a bad thing?

08-20-2004 at 02:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Webmaster say: No music.

For one thing, I don't have the l33t skils required to make music fit seamlessly into a site; and if I can't do that I'd rather go without. Secondly, it increases the size of the files we have to serve, which hurts dial-up users (like, for example, myself) and our server bill. Thirdly, this is the first time I've actually met someone who wants music on a website. I'd far prefer to use that bandwidth to serve the information you were after rather than some arbitary piece of music you might not even like.

As noted, there is an easier solution - WinAmp, and the Caravel and JtRH songs. I understand we might make a soundtrack of the DROD songs, which will be 'inspired' by Emmett's work on DROD. That might work as well.

But yeah, no music. But thanks for commenting.

Matt

08-21-2004 at 07:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Just out of curiosity: Will the DROD soundtrack include the Webfoot music in addition with the Caravel music?

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

08-26-2004 at 08:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
No, it would only contain Emmett's music.

-Erik

08-26-2004 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
On an unrelated note, will a DROD music CD eventually be made available for purchase?

08-27-2004 at 03:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
There is a possibility of releasing a CD containing Emmett's music from JtRH with some longer and remixed versions of songs. That's all we're considering right now, and I don't have details beyond that.

-Erik

08-27-2004 at 11:04 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : music
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com