Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Buried Dungeon
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
blorx1
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 920
IP: Logged

File: Buried Dungeon.hold (24.3 KB)
Downloaded 57 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Buried Dungeon (+4)  
This is a hold I've been working on recently, I've built all the rooms I plan on including. I completed every room at some point, although some of them were completed in the editor. The hold will probably undergo some aesthetic changes at some point. Please comment on the rooms and help look for US's.

Edit: I should probably mention that this is for GatEB, despite only having one room that uses any of its elements.

Edit 2: I have submitted this hold to the HA's.

[Last edited by blorx1 at 08-28-2012 12:29 AM]
07-23-2012 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Buried Dungeon (+3)  
Wow, tricky stuff. Slowly playing though - the first level done at the moment; both 1S and 1N 1W look like I'm gonna need a lot of planning to do them, so I'm going to take a break for now. EDIT: solved 1S and 1N 1W and added comments to them below.

Some comments:

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-01-2012 03:35 AM]
07-24-2012 at 04:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
blorx1
icon Re: Buried Dungeon (+1)  
I've updated the hold, and I think I've fixed the US's. I've also added two rooms which I had but forgot to include. I feel like I shouldn't have missed most of them, but they should be fixed now.

Also I definitely agree with you about 1S on burning sands, since I feel that the room requires enough planning as it stands.
How did you manage to save two trapdoors in the entrance?

07-31-2012 at 10:08 PM
mxvladi
icon Re: Buried Dungeon (+2)  
Have a new pack of demos(attachment removed since architect got 'em). List of demos provided, and some comments, are in secret tag:

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-02-2012 06:48 PM]
08-02-2012 at 03:18 PM
blorx1
I've updated the hold again, and I think I've fixed the unintended solutions in 1N 3W(Well one of them was unintended), Ruins: The entrance (I forgot to prevent the player from hitting the orb at 19,1 until after the briar has killed the roach, since it was only there for convinience, I also realized the orbs are unneccessary). 3N1E should be fixed, I hope. If not the intended solution is to

I haven't changed the entrance for Burning Sands. I have also added something to 1S that you will probably appreciate.

08-02-2012 at 06:47 PM
mxvladi
Aand conquered! Still need to replay newer versions of Ruins 1W and 3N 1E, though... and there's at least one other room I'll have to replay, too ;)

Some comments:

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-06-2012 01:35 AM]
08-04-2012 at 05:20 PM
blorx1
I've updated the hold again and fixed the problems you've found, and also made a few small changes to the entrance for ruins(since I realized you only need 5 goblins in each box). 1N1W and 3N1E have had US's fixed. Also for 3N1E

Heatstroke 2S2E really was that easy, I made the level a long time ago, and I guess I never got around to making a better room(but I did now.) It still isn't as hard as the entrance, but isn't anywhere near as trivial as the previous version.

Random sidenote:
Thanks to the entrance for ruins, I realized another way that a speed potion could make a room impossible.

08-04-2012 at 08:45 PM
mxvladi
More comments:

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-06-2012 12:27 PM]
08-05-2012 at 11:33 PM
blorx1
I'm pretty sure all of those issues are fixed (I really should have checked 3N1W and 1N1W a bit more to prevent those problems.

I haven't made a change to the entrance, but I'm not entirely sure what you're doing. If you are doing what I think you are, then I'd say it isn't particularly difficult. I'm pretty sure there are two ways one could save enough seep.

It could be a bit more tedious than your previous solution, but shouldn't be a major problem.

Edit: I've made another attempt at fixing 3N1E, it could still be broken, but I think I've fixed it.

Edit 2: I think 3N1E is still broken, but I've made a major change which I'll include in the next update. It might fix the problem.

[Last edited by blorx1 at 08-06-2012 05:53 AM]
08-06-2012 at 02:06 AM
mxvladi
I've replayed Ruins 1W and 1N 1W.

For 1N 1W, I'm pretty sure I'm doing what you intended. Neat.

For 1W - not really sure. The solution was neater/trickier this time, but something about it seems unintended.

(For Ruins: Entrance, I meant pretty much what you describe as your intended solution. Also, 4-seep solution you describe will not work - it seems the game checks for seep which aren't on (closed) door after all monsters move and kills them)

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-10-2012 02:24 AM]
08-09-2012 at 09:59 PM
blorx1
Ok I've updated the hold again and probably fixed 1W(I'm not sure if I really care too much about making this room perfect) and 3N1E, which should be fixed for real this time(fingers crossed). I've also changed Burning Sands: 1N1E, the change makes it impossible to break most of the walls before freeing the roach.

About Ruins: The entrance, the goblin trick wasn't intended and I just assumed that it would work, without checking if it did, fortunately because the goblins move last it won't.

And for 2N1E, I would never think of moving it, since it would kill my demo too :).

08-10-2012 at 02:00 AM
mxvladi
Finally mastered.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-20-2012 11:58 PM]
08-20-2012 at 11:58 PM
blorx1
I've been busy over the past week, since school is starting, but I've gotten around to updating this hold. The main changes I made were the two you suggested (although I removed a trapdoor from ruins 1S, which makes it even harder, hopefully not too hard though). In addition to that I reordered heatstroke, so that the easier rooms came earlier. It does change a lot of the movement order in those rooms, but I have made sure that the level is still possible. Besides those, the only changes have been aestethic.

If there aren't any glaring problems that need to be changed, I'm thinking this version could be submitted to the HA's.

08-26-2012 at 05:11 PM
mxvladi
You might want to remove scrolls from Ruins 2N 1E, Ruins 2W, Ruins 2N 1W and Burning Sands 1S 1E. Also, I've noticed that Ruins 1N 3W has no checkpoints. Apart from that, I don't see any problems.
08-27-2012 at 04:44 PM
blorx1
icon Re: Buried Dungeon (0)  
I've fixed those silly things that I should have caught, and a major unintended solution in ruins 2N1W.

Since I think everything has been looked over, I've submitted the hold to the HA's.

08-28-2012 at 12:31 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Buried Dungeon
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com