Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Possible Firewall Issue With CN... (here's hoping this one won't post seven times)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
IP: Logged
icon Possible Firewall Issue With CN... (0)  
Today I had a meeting with Nationwide. I attempted to connect to their guest Internet service while I was there, but did not have a username and password, so I could only reach the auth page and not the Internet.

However, DROD seemed to think I had connected to CaravelNet.

Now, I realize it may be the case that Nationwide blocks http and ftp traffic, but allows other crap to slip under their radar (this would surprise me, but it is possible). However, there's more to the problem. When I was "connected" to CN, rooms with demos were returning a false "there are no demos for this room" report. That seems wrong.

Is it possible that DROD 4 fooled itself into believing it had a CN connection when it did not...? If not, why is it incorrectly reporting an absence of demos when there are actual demos there?

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

07-10-2012 at 01:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
IP: Logged
icon Re: Possible Firewall Issue With CN... (0)  
Oh! Idea:

If you see any demo requests from Trickster to the server during the time period of 2:50 to 4:20 EDT today (I'm hoping you can check), that means I was actually able to connect through Nationwide's firewall, and DROD has a problem differentiating between "no demo" and "can't get demo". If you don't, then DROD 4 was kidding itself, and just has a really bizarre sense of humor (but probably is also a bug).

Official Hold Progress

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

07-10-2012 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Possible Firewall Issue With CN... (here's hoping this one won't post seven times)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com