Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Scary Skeletons ! (We could use some kind of undead.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
IP: Logged
icon Scary Skeletons ! (0)  
Suprisingly small amount of DROD puzzles comes from fighting monsters themselves. I'll try to remedy that (and will be ignored, but sometimes just trying is fun).
---------------------

The skeleton, looking pretty much like any other from fantasy games, would behave just like roach. The only difference would be that you can't "kill" a skeleton with a thrusting/piercing attack.

Piercing attack is when you have Beethro, his sword, and monster all lined up - and then you go forward. Can be diagonally, vertically, or horizontally. All the same.
All other attacks would be considered slashing.

Skeleton monster would require a bit more care when fighting. You couldn't just press forward and win. If you did, the effect would be the same like trying to pierce snake head.
This means that skeletons would often take more time to destroy. There could be maze-like levels where you have tar mother / roach queen somewhere and the time work against you. You would plan your movement so that you waste no time turning your sword.

[Edited by b0rsuk on 08-18-2004 at 02:30 PM GMT]

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
08-18-2004 at 03:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Brickman
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
icon Re: Scary Skeletons ! (0)  
You never said how you DO kill it.
08-24-2004 at 10:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
I think it's safe to assume you kill it by turning the sword sideways in to it, or stepping sideways such that the sword is moved in to it.

08-25-2004 at 12:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Brickman
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
Oh, I thought he said slashing/piercing. My mistake.
But almost no fights are done with thrusts, and thoses that are could be done with a slash.
08-28-2004 at 12:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Scary Skeletons ! (We could use some kind of undead.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com