Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DRODIS level pack 1 (The first installment)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
IP: Logged
icon DRODIS level pack 1 (+1)  
I was advised to start a new topic on this, and here is how far I have got so far. I am removing the level that I made from the other DRODIS thread and am making this available for download.

Ingredients:
Bolts.bmp - Red bolts
Style1Tiles - Space station theming
Style6Tiles - Science Lab theming
Style7Tiles - Botannical gardens from hell (I kept the floor colour the same so that it doesn't take away any spider fun on higher levels)
orbhit + orbhitquiet.wav - Some weird sounds I found that are more spacey
potion.wav - this really works better with my generaltiles.bmp tnhat I am currently adjusting, which has space food pills instead of potions
SomethingBelow.wav - Heard this and thought it might work for it

Hope you like it! Long live DRODIS :glasses

08-18-2004 at 10:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: DRODIS level pack 1 (0)  
So I take it we're going to see some collaboration between my GeneralTiles.bmp, your level styles, and gamer's level styles to arrive at a fully fleshed DROD In Space?

08-18-2004 at 02:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Well I'm doing everyhting hopefully but I can't really think of things for the generaltiles so I might not finish that. It would be cool to take the best levels from gamers and mine and your generaltiles to get a full upgrade pack. I am hoping to get some very fancy picture editing program instead of just paint and change the main menu soon so that it has "In Space" at the bottom and make that available too. Unfortunately, I only have paint at the mo, so int he far future unless someone else want to. Do you like the levels? I have almost finished another one.
08-18-2004 at 04:12 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I checked them out, and I like what I see! My only request, to please humour me, is to change the Style7Tiles to a different colour floor as I spent too much time getting my Style7 to wrok. Otherwise, I see no reason not to use yours. We can just do a bit of shuffling around to find a good order to put them in when we reach a collective total of 9. If wackhead wants to finish the tilesets(Remember: I have 1 more that I'm finishing up. Keep that in consideration), I can go ahead and finish the last of the bitmap, being the dialog boxes and, the final touch - the title. I'm expecting the title to be a loooong process, but it is going to be chalk full of detail.

As long as DiMono is okay with it, and I'm sure he is, you can finish up the tilesets. Always nice to have another set of hands working on it.

-Patrick

P.S - If it all goes out as I'm planning, you should probably move the file to the official DRODIS thread. Just a suggestion.

08-18-2004 at 05:18 PM
wackhead_uk

File: DRODIS1.1.zip (239 KB)
Downloaded 71 times.
License: Other
icon Re: DRODIS level pack 1 (+1)  
Here is an update! I though I would put it in this thread because this is where I started, so sorry!

Updates:
1. Another level - Style5tiles.bmp - Weird scary cavern
2. Updated pit "falling" animations
3. Changed the name of one of the levels to comply with gamer

08-19-2004 at 11:49 AM
gamer_extreme_101
icon Re: DRODIS level pack 1 (+1)  
Remember - 1 more as I still have mine to finish up. Once I get the last one done I'll re-arrange them to fit a nice balance on King Dugan's Dungeon, make sure everything is in proper order, finish up all the bitmaps that are left (Dialog & Title, but they could take awhile), and release it to the public! And I know just the way to do that....

-Patrick

Edit - :thumbsup for being :offtopic as this is my 500th post! :yay Celebrate...drink a :pepsi or a :beer (If you're legal, of course). Have some :icecream whilst reading a :book. :hooray :cake for all! Let the :band play all night long!

(Haha...always wanted to do this on my 500th :))

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 08-19-2004 at 10:51 PM GMT: 500!]

08-19-2004 at 11:13 PM
wackhead_uk
Although I have decided to leave the generaltiles alone because other people have already done it, I am going to make one last level. Eventually. Hopefully tomorrow. Then DRODIS will be complete, no?

And here's something else off topic: If everyone around is smarter than you, then who do you blame your mistakes on? :huh
08-21-2004 at 10:54 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Umm...the cracked walls in the "Botanical Gardens" are near impossible to see. I tried playing the East Side of L6 in KDD, and could not find any of the cracked walls. I'd also like to suggest to add some layered brown to the pit where the roots are visible. Start with a light brown and move darker and it would look really good!

-Patrick

08-22-2004 at 02:51 AM
wackhead_uk
I thought that the cracked walls were already hard to see, and I thought that I might as well follow the same pattern. I will change it if you want.
08-22-2004 at 02:28 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
wackhead_uk wrote:
I thought that the cracked walls were already hard to see, and I thought that I might as well follow the same pattern. I will change it if you want.
Cracked walls are only hard to see in two tilesets: Palace and Catacombs. That's actually going to part of my criteria when I re-order the tile bitmaps.

08-22-2004 at 02:58 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Umm...when I say "hard to see" I was actually saying "darn-near impossible to see". No jokes....I studies the bitmaps for about 3 minutes and could tell no differences...

-Patrick

And BTW - The palace tileset is set in stone...if you need the cracked walls harder to see, let me know.

08-22-2004 at 04:20 PM
wackhead_uk
They were REALLY obvious so I changed the cracky bit to a lighter colour on the bitmap. Changed back now, and I will be uploadfing this and the final level of mine soon.

08-25-2004 at 01:46 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DRODIS level pack 1 (The first installment)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com