Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Unknown Bug, Might Not Even Exist (sorry) (this is the best I can do)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
IP: Logged
icon Unknown Bug, Might Not Even Exist (sorry) (0)  
I'm posting this on the off chance somebody sees it again. I neglected to post it when it happened last week because I was unable to replicate it, and as such, thought I was probably crazy.

Well, I am probably crazy, but I'm not certain whether or not this actually happened so here goes.

I don't know if this was in 3 or 4, but I suspect 3 because at the time I was doing a lot of building...but 4 is also possible. Somehow I got the game into a state where I would drop the green door, create babies, hit a checkpoint, then restore--and the green door state would change.

In theory this would allow you to stand on top of a green door, which should be impossible. It would also change the results of moves which touch the door, and in rare cases could make a possible room impossible (or vice versa). But when I tried to build a test example of this, I didn't get the same behavior and couldn't figure out how to replicate it. I tried several things in both 3 and 4 to no avail. It might not show up in the editor, though, in which case I wouldn't have seen it there (like, maybe it only happens when you continue from the menu).

So unless someone knows of a bug where the green door state is retested rather than remembered as a recorded state, or sees this behavior later and goes, "Aha! Trickster is one iota less insane than I previously suspected of her," then... you can just ignore everything I just said. ^o.o^

But I think this happened maybe.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

[Last edited by Trickster at 06-19-2012 09:37 PM]
06-19-2012 at 09:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Unknown Bug, Might Not Even Exist (sorry) (this is the best I can do)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com