Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Can't See Demos in Beta... (4.0.2.112, Windows 7, tested on multiple computers)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
IP: Logged
icon Can't See Demos in Beta... (0)  
Here are two related bugs and their existence on both of my new Windows 7 machines.

1) On both computers: while testing a room in the editor, F6 informs me I am not connected to CaravelNet, when I actually am. This problem does not occur when playing normally.

2) On one computer and not the other, the more serious problem: I cannot download demos in my beta. The demos appear grayed-out and the download button is not lit. On my desktop it works fine, but on my laptop I am wub-blocked. As far as I can tell, both systems are identical in operating system (both 64-bit Win 7) and typical environment stuff, but there is one difference. On the desktop, I successfully imported all of Trickster from multiple sources, and on the laptop I did not import anything but I did register Trickster the same way (because I only use 4 to test my hold on my lappy, and 3 to build with, for legacy reasons).

I'd think it doesn't know this is my hold, except I can edit it and it obviously knows I should have beta access since it appears in the hold list. So I dunno what to make of it. Good luck with this one, and let me know if there are any specific tests I can run to make your lives easier (or mine).

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

06-16-2012 at 04:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Can't See Demos in Beta... (4.0.2.112, Windows 7, tested on multiple computers)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com