Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Divertimento
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Funk
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged

File: Divertimento.hold (19 KB)
Downloaded 149 times.
License: Other
icon Divertimento (0)  
Here is a small project that I've been sitting on for quite a while now and decided to release to the public. Have at it!
07-18-2004 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
icon Re: Divertimento (0)  
Completed the first level, I like it so far. Very innovative use of DROD level structures. No complaints, except I think the left side of 3S is a bit long to do twice.

07-19-2004 at 04:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Watcher
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 902
masonjason wrote:
Completed the first level, I like it so far. Very innovative use of DROD level structures. No complaints, except I think the left side of 3S is a bit long to do twice.

Funny that you should mention that. I was just coming here to complain that you don't need to complete the left side of 3S. There's two broken walls there, not one. ;)

Anyway, I've also finished the first level, and I like it as well. There's enough diversity in the rooms to make up for the need to pass them several times. Very nice so far.

07-19-2004 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
The repetition was boring at first, but once you get into the hold, that feeling recedes and it becomes fun.

L2, 1S, you can't return because of the red doors, and it's *very* easy to miss two of the rooms as you make your way around the spiral.

I'm finding the exit room on this level to be extremely difficult. I can't even reach the checkpoint.

07-19-2004 at 10:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
The second level needs at least some sort of returning mechanism, if nothing else 'escape arrows' so you can go back.

To be honest, the red door puzzles on that level were not worth having at all -- they were almost nonpuzzles. I would suggest either replacing them with a more compact red door puzzle (yet one that actually requires a little puzzle-solving) or take it out entirely and put in something else (which has the virture of removing the red doors so that one can backtrack around the level).
07-19-2004 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
bandit1200 wrote:I'm finding the exit room on this level to be extremely difficult. I can't even reach the checkpoint.

Forget it, I was missing the obvious as usual.

Level 3 seems a bit pointless, but level 4 looks like it could be fun.
07-19-2004 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Seems that level 4 theres 2 rooms you can't do? I don't mean they are impossible just you can't get to 2. Doesn't seem to matter which 2 they are but when I finish have 2 rooms left the door to the stairs opens and the other doors to the unfinished rooms are closed. I probably explained that badly if you need more info let me know.
07-20-2004 at 01:13 AM
bandit1200
Scott wrote:
Seems that level 4 theres 2 rooms you can't do? I don't mean they are impossible just you can't get to 2. Doesn't seem to matter which 2 they are but when I finish have 2 rooms left the door to the stairs opens and the other doors to the unfinished rooms are closed. I probably explained that badly if you need more info let me know.
Did you read the scroll in 1S?
07-20-2004 at 07:51 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Obviously not closely enough.
07-20-2004 at 08:14 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Divertimento
Surf To:

Forum Rules: