Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Mystical Palace (snakes + other monsters)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.2/10 (6 votes)
σ 0.90
Author Name:rogu3
Submitted By:da rogu3
Hold Name:The Mystical Palace
Theme:snakes + other monsters
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:5
Number of Rooms:18
Number of Monsters:78
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:2 (+2 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: The Mystical Palace.hold (9.7 KB)
Downloaded 781 times.
License: Other
icon The Mystical Palace  
Hello. This is my first attempt at creating a hold.

It's fairly short - it has 3 main levels and 10 puzzle rooms. A few require good knowledge of snake movement (preferences, timing, etc..). The rooms aren't overly complicated or filled with elements, but are still somewhat challenging. Feel free to ask for help on the H & S board :P

Big thank you to testers Zorglub, Chaco, and especially Penwielder, who played through almost every version of the hold and helped me fix all the unintended solutions. :)

Also thanks to HAs Tim and Chaco.

Overall, play this hold, comment/rate, and most importantly, enjoy! ;)
05-22-2011 at 01:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: The Mystical Palace (+1)  
This is mostly a small hold with lots of snake manipulation.

You'll need to do things like counting states, leading snakes to places, as well as predicting snake movements. You'll need heavy uses of a snake clock regularly.

Note that my rating at the moment is just a default score to activate CaravelNet and not really a good judgement of the hold.

05-22-2011 at 01:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: The Mystical Palace (+1)  
This is quite well-done hold(especially for a new architect). The puzzles are indeed quite challenging(my personal favourite is the very last room - really good efficiency puzzle). I wouldn't say that many rooms require really good serpent timing knowledge - I counted about three rooms which are based on serpent timing; some rooms haven't any snakes at all. I'd say this hold is more about fine manipulation of various types of monsters than just snakes.

What I didn't like about this hold is that it's linear. Some of later rooms are easier than earlier ones(for example, level 2: 2S is surely easier than 1S, or than level 1: 1N 2W...), and ones stuck on some early difficult room won't get to try other rooms(and might just give up).

difficulty -> 6; overall -> 8

[Last edited by mxvladi at 07-14-2012 09:44 PM]
05-28-2011 at 06:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Mystical Palace (snakes + other monsters) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com