Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Supaplex set -- "Legend" is the max? (Mastered all levels in that set, "Ultimate" never happened?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Muzozavr
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Supaplex set -- "Legend" is the max? (0)  
On a whim decided to finally get down to business and master all the Supaplex levels. Managed to do it (with some difficulties, due to changed physics -- aside from the changed VICE/VERSA trick I think FUN-TASTIC is the hardest level in the set now) and got "Legend"... but what now? Is it impossible to get "Ultimate" for this levelset? Perhaps due to the smaller amount of levels?
04-25-2011 at 01:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: Supaplex set -- "Legend" is the max? (0)  
I've long since solved all the levels in the Supaplex set, and I'm currently at "Legend" status. I think it's because there's only three rows of levels.
Muzozavr wrote:
aside from the changed VICE/VERSA trick I think FUN-TASTIC is the hardest level in the set now
Actually, I considered "Chamber-Music" and "Once Around" to be the hardest. "See You Tomorrow" wasn't exactly easy for me, either.

Also, welcome back, Muzozavr! :D

Click here to view the secret text

04-25-2011 at 08:16 PM
Muzozavr
I mean hardest for someone who knows Supaplex. I did solve all 111 levels of Supaplex, after all. VICE and VERSA require that changed approach (I still remember my outburst on the forum) but when you know that, it's easy... aside from FUN-TASTIC where, unless you have mastered the "passing by" thing, you can no longer solve the level in the same way and have to do some very interesting tricks with the dynamite.

Once Around is easy, Chamber-Music is OK... See You Tomorrow does have it's hard places, though.
04-26-2011 at 07:32 AM
The Mystic
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
Muzozavr wrote:
I mean hardest for someone who knows Supaplex. I did solve all 111 levels of Supaplex, after all. VICE and VERSA require that changed approach (I still remember my outburst on the forum) but when you know that, it's easy... aside from FUN-TASTIC where, unless you have mastered the "passing by" thing, you can no longer solve the level in the same way and have to do some very interesting tricks with the dynamite.
I'll have to take your word on all this; I've never seen the original Supaplex.

As for the trick with passing by enemies in "Fun-tastic," I never really mastered it. I agree with you though, it does lead to some rather interesting dynamite usage.
Once Around is easy, Chamber-Music is OK... See You Tomorrow does have it's hard places, though.
Well, difficulty is somewhat relative; levels you find hard might be easy for others, and vice versa.

Truth be told, I found "Once Around" to be more frustrating than actually hard; "See You Tomorrow" required a lot of planning ahead. "Chamber-Music" was a real pain for me because of only one save disk, and I end up using it about 25% of the way through the level; then I get stuck just before the exit, and basically have to start over.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by The Mystic at 04-29-2011 03:36 PM]
04-29-2011 at 03:35 PM
Danjen02
Is the passing by thing where you walk past an adjacent enemy without dying? It's not too hard to do, and it can really speed up level times in some areas!

04-29-2011 at 07:44 PM
Muzozavr
Exactly. I actually managed to do it once by accident without realizing it on that level. I did master the level, though, which is what counts.

As for hard and/or frustrating levels, I happen to love pure rock/diamond puzzles and levels, which is why those didn't really bother me. "See You Tomorrow" is one of my favorites in Supaplex. Not in Subterra's Supaplex set, but "Phil's First" is also one of my favorites, hard level but totally worth it.

[Last edited by Muzozavr at 04-30-2011 12:11 PM]
04-30-2011 at 11:42 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
To the OP's question - yes, Legend is the maximum for this and most other extra sets, because they actually lack a few levels.

And predictably, Supaplex was one of the inspirations of SubTerra. One of the highlights during development was that I managed to get in touch with Philip Jespersen, and got his endorsement. :thumbsup

05-03-2011 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Muzozavr
Gotta love it how SubTerra implements elements from Supaplex, Chip's Challenge, Boulder Dash, LASER LIGHT and then some strange things of its own. And then makes them work. And then the result is awesome.

Especially the Chip's Challenge object set *finally* received a good game... cause Chip's Challenge's stage design kinda sucks IMO.
05-04-2011 at 10:35 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Supaplex set -- "Legend" is the max? (Mastered all levels in that set, "Ultimate" never happened?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com